News   Jul 09, 2024
 636     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 347     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 459     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Godiva and La Difference have closed in the Colonnade... I think that complex is set to be 100% high fashion labels in a few years.

At 101 Bloor St (Rolex, Royal de Versaille and Cole Haan) the front entrance has been.. hoarded up? I notice around the back on St Thomas that there is another set of hoardings where service entrances used to be. I think they're moving the lobby to allow for some sort of store to open in the former one.

Nice to see Yonge and Bloor become a complete construction disaster right now-- perfect timing for the beginning of tourist season ;)

Ah well, that's how cities work I guess. We'll see how long till it gets cleaned up around there.

Probably... The entire retail scene is reeling; luckily this seems like it will pan out similarly to the early 90s when the majority of the high fashion labels went to Bloor.. Cheaper real estate will be readily available and they have the capital to finance these new flagships/go through a few years of lower sales.

^Toronto has tourists? :p

I hear Bloor St retailers are having one of their worst years in decades.

Along with most other similar high end retail strips in the world.

Godiva and La Difference have closed in the Colonnade... I think that complex is set to be 100% high fashion labels in a few years.

At 101 Bloor St (Rolex, Royal de Versaille and Cole Haan) the front entrance has been.. hoarded up? I notice around the back on St Thomas that there is another set of hoardings where service entrances used to be. I think they're moving the lobby to allow for some sort of store to open in the former one.

It's been my understanding that the lobby would move to make room for ground floor retail with a 2nd floor retail opportunity, both adding up to almost 20,000 sq.ft. It would be nice to see some pics.

Nice to see Yonge and Bloor become a complete construction disaster right now-- perfect timing for the beginning of tourist season ;)

Ah well, that's how cities work I guess. We'll see how long till it gets cleaned up around there.

Probably more important to have it ready for the film festival than for any supposed 'tourist' season.

Who wants to come with me to grab the chrome torso off Rodeo Drive.. I think it would fit in at the corner of Yorkville and Hazelton.:p

1420973936_e4d8d15193_b.jpg

Last edited:
Who wants to come with me to grab the chrome torso off Rodeo Drive.. I think it would fit in at the corner of Yorkville and Hazelton.:p

1420973936_e4d8d15193_b.jpg

This street is as sterile as a remember it 4 years ago when I was last there. Walked up and down; didn't buy a thing.:eek:

...and didn't pick up any hotties, either.
lauren_conrad_on_family_guy.jpg

adma, I so do not get this one:eek:

I'm pretty sure there is not a more pretentious looking piece of public art than that. That said, I quite like it.:cool:

Silver female torso with no head or arms.. I think it represents the idealized female shopper who cannot carry her bags; yeah, that's it.:)

Back