News   Jul 17, 2024
 89     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 717     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 530     0 

Atheists hope (don't pray) to bring ads to Toronto (G&M)

do you support this ad?

• Total voters
As Hydrogen said, we simply do not know. There is no logic in attributing the unknown to a God or Gods because there is not a shred of scientific evidence supporting the theory.

No, but there is no scientific evidence disproving my theory. As of now, the possibilities are endless. Until Science says otherwise, I am neither wrong, nor right. Just as you are neither wrong nor right in saying that my theory is wrong...

I was simply pointing out that faith was the only thing we have until something else is proven.

faith is the only thing YOU have....don't try to speak for anyone else...you sound just like an evangelist.

No, but there is no scientific evidence disproving my theory.

There is no scientific evidence proving it either.

That is a false argument. You can believe the spaghetti monster did it all you want, that doesn't make it true or valid. There is no need, and in fact it is a giant waste of time to even try disprove a theory that is made up out of thin air. You advocate for a non scientific explanation to something we already have a level of science to measure. Use carbon dating for example.
We know modern religions like Christianity have been dead wrong in their teaching on the earth's age because we have more than one way to measure carbon dating and the results are the same. We didn't have this scientific proof 100 years ago.

Just because a person 800 years ago believed the earth was flat, and no one had the science yet to prove that is wasn't flat, does not legitimize their belief or faith that the earth is flat nor did their belief make the earth flat. They were wrong.

Last edited:
More accurately, faith is the belief of the unknown; what is not obvious in the way others see.

I was simply pointing out that faith was the only thing we have until something else is proven. As of now, nothing is.

i can't disprove of your god no more than i can disprove the message in this video: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1I57BPiCN7g

just because something can't be disproven is not reason enough to believe that it is true.

it's innocent till proven guilty. not the other way around.

faith is the only thing YOU have....don't try to speak for anyone else...you sound just like an evangelist.

There is no scientific evidence proving it either.

How was I speaking on behalf of some else?

In terms of creation, it seems that we are at a stalemate.

How was I speaking on behalf of some else?

In terms of creation, it seems that we are at a stalemate.

No stalemate. We say "we don't know yet" and look to science to one day teach us more using facts and measures, and you have a made up God theory with no evidence or quantitative science backing up your faith. The positions are not equal. They are not even close.

Just because a person 800 years ago believed the earth was flat, and no one had the science yet to prove that is wasn't flat, does not legitimize their belief or faith that the earth is flat nor did their belief make the earth flat. They were wrong.

They're wrong today, but at the time their belief was legitimate. Until he was disproved by Capurnicus (sp?), he was just as right as any other theorist.

As of now, I am not disproved. And btw, the "science will one day discover it" argument doesn't work because it has yet to be discovered, and as of now, it is fictional.

They're wrong today, but at the time their belief was legitimate. Until he was disproved by Capurnicus (sp?), he was just as right as any other theorist.

As of now, I am not disproved. And btw, the "science will one day discover it" argument doesn't work because it has yet to be discovered, and as of now, it is fictional.

How can something be right or legitimate when it never in the existence of the earth was true? That makes no sense.

The God theory is intellectually lazy.

As opposed to your "no theory"?

At least it's not a dishonest shell game taught to the masses.
I once believed in your theory, then I decided to teach myself something new rather than accept what was indoctrinated upon me for over 30 years in the church.

this is ridiculous, doesn't make any sense, is intellectually dishonest, and lazy.

Just because the Church says it, doesn't mean that it is. There is no uniformity to the church. Some take Genesis literally, while others preach evolution. Last time I checked, my theory hasn't been adopted by a church you're familiar with.

"Shelled to the masses" could be just as well used to describe teaching our children evolution.

Main Entry:
1faith Listen to the pronunciation of 1faith
Pronunciation:
\ˈfāth\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural faiths Listen to the pronunciation of faiths \ˈfāths, sometimes ˈfāthz\
Etymology:
Middle English feith, from Anglo-French feid, fei, from Latin fides; akin to Latin fidere to trust — more at bide
Date:
13th century

1 a: allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1): fidelity to one's promises (2): sincerity of intentions2 a (1): belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2): belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction ; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
synonyms see belief
— on faith
: without question <took everything he said on faith>

"firm belief in something for which there is no proof".

Just because the Church says it, doesn't mean that it is. There is no uniformity to the church. Some take Genesis literally, while others preach evolution. Last time I checked, my theory hasn't been adopted by a church you're familiar with.

"Shelled to the masses" could be just as well used to describe teaching our children evolution.

Evolution is a scientific theory based on observational data. Data that is quantified. Of course science should be taught to children. Sadly, some religious people are threatened by evolution and want it erased from the curriculum because it destroys some of their baseless God theories.

Last edited:

Back