News   May 01, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 395     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 376     0 

Arc Condo (Sheppard & Bayview, Daniels, 16s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

I think this is so cool. Saw it for the first time about a week ago - not up close but from the westbound 401. As I recall I first glimpsed it poking through between the NY Towers and wondered, "wow - whats that?" As I progressed closer to Bayview I realized it was this building. I really like the unique shape - a big time counter point to NY Towers.

As for living here - I wouldnt complain about being in the heart of Willowdale, close to highway and subway !

I think , that problem is in the BABY BLUE colour . Mach better would be the DARK BLUE colour...

I think the baby blue works very well on ARC and in fact adds to the uniqueness of this building, you typically get dark-dull spandrels on condo buildings and it was refreshing to see the baby blue spandrels here, however the white panels looks unfinished IMO

There is a pool in the north end of the Arc. I drove by it at dusk and they had a purple light illuminating the walls, and the ripples of the water reflecting off the ceiling. It's surrounded in glass, looks great, above the outdoor parking lot.

It's a decent building. I worked right at Bayview Village for 2 years and watched this baby grow.

The parking is a bit weird though, it's sort of open to the elements situated underneath the building on the ground floor.

^The parking is kind of funky, and plus, it's parking! Any kind of parking involved in a condo is a big deal. It's covered overhead, so you'll never get soaked walking to your car, but yes, being 'outside', there are no walls, but based on the building site, I think they made good use of the space.

Parking is parking after all. Parking right beside the subway.

I'm actually quite certain that the exposed parking you are referring to is the visitors parking and/or meant for retail (they have opened a TD Canada Trust there now).

Residents have a garage door on the south end of the property so I'm sure theirs is the more conventional covered parking.

November 22 2009 update

Exterior Views - really shows those curves
Click to Enlarge

I got a chance to tour inside the building today, the lobby and pool was beautiful (no photos), the hallways were bland and that was one crazy long hallway, suite entrances were ugly, the units was OK but given the $300K+ for 1B suites its below my expectations with typical finishes and poor craftsmanship (but it does look better than other Daniels bldg I've seen thus far)

Funky Art in the Lobby

Crazy Super Long Hallway :eek:

Uninspiring Suite Entrances

Thx Solaris for the update....still think this is one of the most interesting buildings we have gotten recently...

outside looks great .... inside, not so much. Definitely not a luxury building as all suite owners do claim on mls. I don't have high expectations when hearing the name Daniels though, they've build decent stuff but craftsmanship and quality leaves much to be desired.

is arc really that empty? I read the place is empty?

I bet on MLS there is probably a bunch of people trying to rent units out!

WOW!.... never knew this thread existed :eek:

I know this building SOOO well!... I've watched it grow from start to finish!!!!

Neat lookin building but i hate the white colour at the top :mad:

I'll dig up some pics from my hard drive and post them as soon as i upload them :)

***I never thought this building was relevant in the skyscraperworld due to it's restricted height :D lol

Here's some shots of Arc condo I took earlier tonight.

I've always hated that white hat above the building... It should have been blue so it matches with the rest of the building..

That's one of the only things I HATE about this building... Depending on the lighting it looks ok...

4148408283_7e7d0043eb_b.jpg

4149167934_a36200bbe5_b.jpg

Back