1.2K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 343     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 360     0 

Arc Condo (Sheppard & Bayview, Daniels, 16s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

from yesterday.
IMG_8996.jpg
All that's missing is smoke/steam coming out that funnel. With some coloured uplighting, would actually make a pretty cool night-time effect.

Last edited:
Intriguing building design but it should be located somewhere else ... the harbourfront, as predictable as it may be.

$700 PSF for there ?!?! ... corner of 2 main roads, next to the hwy 401, at the edge of a mall parking lot ... I wouldn't be paying that.

$700 Psf!!...thats crazy....whats so great about this location?.

Corner of two main roads, next to 401 > Good accessibility.

Next door to subway station > Ditto.

Next door to a good mall with supermarket > A large range of shopping within walking distance.

A YMCA is across the street. Another mall (Fairview) with movie theatre is about 3 km. away. The surrounding residential area is a good one, with many properties worth $750,000 or more.

It's not downtown, but then again, not everyone wants to be downtown. Most people would call this a pretty good location.

Corner of two main roads, next to 401 > Good accessibility.
Next door to subway station > Ditto.
Next door to a good mall with supermarket > A large range of shopping within walking distance.
A YMCA is across the street. Another mall (Fairview) with movie theatre is about 3 km. away. The surrounding residential area is a good one, with many properties worth $750,000 or more.

You can get all that at NY Towers and the other condo developments on the south side of Sheppard, without being literally next to the intersection. To me it's the noise and the fumes that would be the real killer.

You can get all that at NY Towers and the other condo developments on the south side of Sheppard, without being literally next to the intersection. To me it's the noise and the fumes that would be the real killer.

But many units at NY Towers are next to the 401, so I'm guessing that the fumes would be worse.

May I remind you that the 401 is one of the busiest highways [Jeremy Clarkson voice] in the world.

Daily Commercial News

All Aboard !! :D

The Arc accepts occupants in Toronto
September 14, 2009

110.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Occupancy has begun at The Arc condominiums at Bayview and Sheppard avenues in Toronto, Ont.

Daniels Corporation is owner/developer of the 15-storey, 447-unit project with two levels of underground parking and ground floor retail and the project was designed by Kirkor Architects and Planners.

Consultants were: Sigmund Soudack & Associates Inc. (structural); LKM (mechanical/electrical); and Terraplan Landscape Architects.

Subtrades included: Coreydale Contracting Co. (excavation); Rumble Foundations (Ontario) Ltd. (shoring/caissons); CIP Group (formwork); Harris Rebar; Innocon Inc. (concrete supply); Venice Masonry; Hi-Rise Plumbing/Cooltech Services Ltd. (mechanical); Speedy Electric Contractor Inc.; Star Fire (sprinklers/fire protection); Toro Aluminum Ltd. (windows); and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35294

That large, blank headdress seems cumbersome and out of place. It looked so much better when it was the exposed latticework.

October 14 2009 update

Arc at night - I like the lighting ;)
Click to Enlarge

I think that white bulky piece at the top would have look much better if it matched the baby-blue spandrel colour used on the rest of the building

Agreed. In addition to not being consistent, the white looks unfinished.

I consider buying a 2B unit in ARC (it is on my short list at least :) ). I have a 8 year old daughter, and I'm not familiar with this area. Any comments on possible problems for a child in this building considering its vicinity to 401, schools or neigbourhood? Thanks in advance.

Back