News   Jul 15, 2024
 430     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 577     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 569     0 

Apple Store

Mac sales grew at 3 times the industry's rate last year. Much of the thanks for that is being alloted to the Apple Stores, where consumers can finally get knowledgeable staff to speak with regarding that platform. They wouldn't be opening all those stores if people were only checking email (but yeah, it's great to be able to check email there!).

It's often the best place to check email. No one bugs ya, central locations, and I think it makes me feel more willing to actually buy something there if I think of it (and I have).

I've checked email in Chicago, Pasadena, San Fernando, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Troy MI and yes, even Toronto.

I check email at home and at work. I have never received an email so important I wished I'd gone to the mall to read it.

Apple stores...

Everyone: Apple stores are cool!! In fact I am in one now posting this message. Their website shows the programs offered as well as their hours at each location. The NYC 5th Avenue/59th Street location in Manhattan is open 24/7/365 - listed in its web page. I have been there during odd hours-they close parts of the store for security reasons and so homeless people do not attempt to sleep there. Talk about Up All Night (Remember that song?)
That Apple store can be an interesting place...at 3am! LI MIKE

Ah, in my younger grand-touring days, making a point of seeking embassy/consulate libraries and browsable magazine stands with an English-language selection and picking up the Herald Tribune in order to "keep up with things". Seeking the local Apple Store's like the modern version of such itinerant rituals...

No, the McDonalds equivalent would be like showing up at the Gateway store or Dell booth, and quickly realizing that they really offer nothing of any interest.

I was in the Eaton Centre on Friday before 6 PM, and there were hundreds of people lined up to be amongst the first to buy the new Leopard operating system. I got a bit of a look at it today, and quite like the new dock and stacks. Didn't get much more of a look at it than that. The place was as busy as ever. Apparently Mac sales now account for over 8% of the US personal computer market. Still hopeful for a Bay Bloor Yorkville flagship location.

Apple must be on the cusp of breaking out big time as far as computer sales go. This is going to be a good holiday season for Steve.

I’m heading down to Buffalo to purchase a new Mac book pro. I figure it can’t be any worse than my dell.

hey billy, if you're thinking of getting a Macbook pro, I'd hold off.. it's approaching the end of its current cycle right now and is due for a refresh, probably in a month or so...

Back