News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 699     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 316     0 

Apple Store

My new commute has me passing by the Apple Park store / visitors centre ..... it's in behind the trees there somewhere.

20191209-072156.jpg

20191209-072210.jpg

...made from spun unicorn hair.
The Golden Fleece.

AoD
The proprietary cloth is made from similar materials used to make Gleipnir, the fetter used to bind the giant wolf Fenrir from Norse mythology:
  • The sound of a cat's footfall (more specifically that from a sabretoothed cat)
  • The beard of a woman (more specifically from Yahi women)
  • The roots of a mountain (more specifically the roots used to hold Mount Whitney onto the Earth's mantle)
  • The sinews of a bear (more specifically those from a California grizzly bear)
  • The breath of a fish (more specifically that from a Clear Lake splittail)
  • The spittle of a bird (more specifically that from a passenger pigeon)
The reason why the cloth is proprietary and only available to those who purchase the nanoglass monitor that even the rich can't afford is that all the materials are made from extinct animals, members of an extinct Native American tribe, and from continental crustal roots that are inaccessible even with modern technology.

Last edited:
It's on the floor now.

IMG_4473.jpeg

The industrial design is as impressive as I expected it to be and the $1000 stand is worth every penny. But what a failure on Apple's part for putting an under-specced model as the only one available to try. I tested it with basic Final Cut Pro moviemaking with just a few clips and it was stuttering through that, giving me frequent beachballs. You'd think they'd put the most powerful model that you could throw anything at and never slow it down.

Still, I left the store wanting one. I can see this being a machine you could own for easily 10 years and upgrading it along the way. I've been eyeing an iMac Pro to replace my existing 2012 model but this is changing my mind. I guess I found out not to go with the lowest spec model.

Back to the store, uh... I think they need a bigger store already.
IMG_4471.jpeg

Certainly better than the store it replaced but it was completely slammed.

Back