News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 467     0 

Apple Store

How big does it need to be? It's not as though apple has more than two dozen or so products.

Apple also sells lots of peripherals and accessories, plus lots of software. Classes are also held. In the big flagship stores they take good advantage of the extra space.

There was a story in the paper about Pages leaving its current Queen Street location because the rent is increasing to $150,000 a month. Would love to see Apple move here from the Eaton Centre location.

That's too bad about Pages. If Pages does move, it will probably be better off than the neighbourhood. I bet it will do a lot better further down on Queen (either further east or west). That part of Queen Street, where Pages is currently located, has pretty much lost all it's appeal. After all, CTV is now there.

The Eaton Centre Apple Store will reopen on November 22nd, so line up for your free t-shirts!

And CTV is like a virus on that block right now. It bought the building next to the old Much Store and turned the ground level retail unit (!) into cubicle offices of young-media kids slouched in their chairs working. It also bought the building at the corner of Duncan and Richmond (northwest corner). Only 2 buildings remain that aren't part of the CTV empire.

What's happening to the old Chum building btw?

There was some condo proposal from what I recall but that was a ways away. Why did they move so soon, did someone purchase the site?

...and is there an Apple store going in the base of it?

Apple hasn't looked at any site on Queen St, not to mention the old CityTV building....they are serious about Bloor St W though.

Bauhaus - I believe Taal is talking about the CHUM Radio building on Yonge near Summerhill, which has been sold to a developer. The CHUM Radio sign will be moved to the new building CTV purchased at the NW corner of Richmond and Duncan that will house the radio stations.

Ah CHUM on Yonge St thanks for clarifying....well then Yonge & St. Calir isn't on the radar screen, whereas Yonge & Eglinton is...RioCan has plans to redevelop the NW corner, in turn bringing the existing building closer to both streets.

We are certainly trying to carft the best deal and find the best location in both of these submarkets....

Back