Toronto 7 St Thomas | 38.71m | 9s | St. Thomas | Hariri Pontarini

Sultan-SE-final(sm).jpg

Introducing 7 St Thomas
http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2012/11/introducing-7-st-thomas

Attachments

• Sultan-SE-final(sm).jpg
    Sultan-SE-final(sm).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 902
It's a guaranteed success- curtain wall glass rarely looks as ugly as spandrel. At worst it'll be around the same as the Coca Cola HQ project.

Do you think that sales office is open on weekends? Mondays?

I'd love to pop in and take a look at the model since this is one of my favourite projects and designs in the city right now :)

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 254745 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Nov 18, 2013

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to demolish existing 3 storey commercial building and construct new 9 storey commercial building (plus mechanical penthouse) with 3 levels of below grade parking

Exciting stuff. This is a refreshing little project. They really got the massing and fit right, not to mention looking forward to a very dynamic juxtaposition.

I hate for this to be my first post, but they're having trouble sourcing glass for the rounded corners with the desired radius and cost, that detail may be value-engineered out, which changes the equation entirely in my view.

Those are some pretty tight curves, so I can certainly see that being an issue. Hopefully they find a good solution. Either some sort of overlapping "fins" instead might work nicely, but it would be disappointing after drooling over those beautiful curves for a few years. I'm surprised that this issue wasn't foreseen earlier.

Well it is an office ... so they most likely want light ... you now ...

Back