Toronto 7 St Thomas | 38.71m | 9s | St. Thomas | Hariri Pontarini

I wouldn't have expected a dry cleaner or a convenience store, but the architecture and the early renders were suggestive of a smaller version of the Yorkville/Hazelton type of retail experience. I would have been completely in favour of that, and it's too bad they nixed it. If built as planned right now, maybe in 20 years we might see the main floor repurposed for more retail as the community evolves.

Considering the retail already along St. Thomas, I highly doubt we would see either of those here.

"Highly doubt" being the operative word. I dont have a great sense as to how Uggs and that luggage store are doing, there's never much pedestrian traffic on St Thomas. Once you get south of Sultan its even further from Bloor and a safe bet few tourists will see it. Even the bookstore - does anyone go there?

All it takes is one contraction and a desperate landlord.

New signs up, hoarding should be imminent.

sultana25.jpg

This is being marketed as a condo office building, apparently they're 25% sold as of now:
http://business.financialpost.com/2012/11/13/toronto-developer-puts-new-spin-on-condo-craze-with-plan-to-sell-to-businesses/?__lsa=2788c827

The article is interesting but there are very recent examples of office condos in Toronto ... namely, the office building that is part of the World on Yonge project and Tridel's Hullmark project in NYCC ... the later is about 200K worth of office space and I believe is sold out at this point.

Back