News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 356     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 918     1 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

If the Trillium Party gets more than 10-15,000 votes total in the next election I'll be shocked. This election is too important to leave anything to chance for most right wing electorates.

Not saying that he *will*; but, if Jack Maclaren gets around 20% of the vote in Kanata-Carleton, he alone will be within that 10-15,000 range. (Just saying.)

Also, for comparison's sake: in 2014, Libertarian got 38,956 total, while Freedom got 12,381 total. Together, that was enough for a smidgen over 1% of the vote.

This is the problem with political discourse in the world. This hyperbolic nonsense that veers to the fringes of reasonability.
But you can feel the frustration of those who are sick of this dishonest, corrupt and inept government that has turned Ontario into a have-not province. The reasons have been articulated in the past 100 pages.

But you can feel the frustration of those who are sick of this dishonest, corrupt and inept government that has turned Ontario into a have-not province. The reasons have been articulated in the past 100 pages.

The same horse shit that's said about every government before them by everyone too myopic or blinded by party indoctrination about the party that's in power that's not their own.
100 pages of hypocritical and hyperbolic nonsense that turn any reasonable complaint about policy into "vomit".

The same horse shit that's said about every government before them by everyone too myopic or blinded by party indoctrination about the party that's in power that's not their own.
100 pages of hypocritical and hyperbolic nonsense that turn any reasonable complaint about policy into "vomit".

I'll be sure to remember this quote come election day when one side or the other will be forced to eat crow. Dismissing the Tories outright because of Liberal indoctrination is just as myopic and wrongheaded, as is painting everything the Liberals are doing as perfection. When a ruling government becomes above criticism, it becomes fascist.

I remember calculating the statistic that Harper increased Canada's debt by about 27% during the recession (2008 to 2015) - the lowest in the G7. In the same time, McGuinty and Wynne increased Ontario debt by 100% - one of the highest in Canada. And that was at a time when Harper increased transfers to the provinces by 6% - unlike the 1990 Liberals who cut transfers and the 2016 Liberals who reduced the transfers from 6% to 3%, the same as Harper promised for that year but contrary to their election promise.

To put it into perspective, if Harper had run Ontario, we would be $100B better off. Alternatively, if the Liberals had run Canada - we would be $250B poorer.
Either Harper was very good, or the provincial Liberals were very bad - or likely a combination of the two.
Sorry, but I understand the reflex to "vomit" if the Liberals should win again.

Either Harper was very good, or the provincial Liberals were very bad - or likely a combination of the two.
Sorry, but I understand the reflex to "vomit" if the Liberals should win again.

If a government racking up debt is all it takes then you have a weak stomach.

Haris increased the debt by nearly 50%, without a recession and still slashing programs, did you vomit?
Rae increased it by 150% during a recession, did you go buy gravol?
The OLP raise it 120% during a major recession that impacted the manufacturing sector, while increasing social, energy spending and uploading, is fair I'd say. But vomit away.

I agree, it's a bit much. Any of you folks perchance vomit when our neighbours elected an unhinged molester as president? Yeah, neither did I. This isn't Stalin, Hitler, or Mao coming to power.
Then again, maybe I'm weird as I only get the urge to vomit when I have a stomach ailment.

I agree, it's a bit much. Any of you folks perchance vomit when our neighbours elected an unhinged molester as president? Yeah, neither did I. This isn't Stalin, Hitler, or Mao coming to power.
Then again, maybe I'm weird as I only get the urge to vomit when I have a stomach ailment.

There's so much wrong with this post. I won't even comment on the first part of your post. But you really find it difficult to understand why people may have an issue with Wynne and the job she's doing? Then again the people you just listed had their own supporters so there's that.

There's so much wrong with this post. I won't even comment on the first part of your post. But you really find it difficult to understand why people may have an issue with Wynne and the job she's doing? Then again the people you just listed had their own supporters so there's that.

LOL, yes Wynne is comparable to Stalin. Thanks for proving the point.

Back