News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 356     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 919     1 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

I didn't say I couldn't see why people would have something against Wynne. I said that hyperbolic language isn't conducive to healthy political discourse. Your response proves the point. I don't mind telling you that I don't support the current Liberal government (either one, in fact) but that doesn't mean I'll be getting food poisoning should they happen to be re-elected.

I wasn't making any comparisons to my list of psychotic tyrants but brought them up as examples of people the reaction to their coming to power might be more in line with certain digestive irritation.

They don't really have a serious methodology behind it. Just a place for political junkies to weigh in at the riding level.

I think virtually every PC seat in the province is safe at the moment (the one exception of Scarborough North a new seat mostly from Rouge River).

They don't really have a serious methodology behind it. Just a place for political junkies to weigh in at the riding level.

I think virtually every PC seat in the province is safe at the moment (the one exception of Scarborough North a new seat mostly from Rouge River).

I agree that I think all current PC seats are safe except I think Raymond Cho will lose to the NDP. That said, the PC party have a solid platform and message now and regardless of what some people here may think of Patrick Brown, he is a fantastic campaigner who will out campaign both Kathleen Wynne and Andrea Horvath at every turn. His team will be the best organized team to help get the vote out on June 7th. Unless there is some massive screw up, I'll be shocked if the Tories don't crush this election.

If I had to make my own guesses at this moment, these are my predictions (all which could change closer to the election):

Toronto (25 seats)
Liberal 12 – PC 6 – NDP 7

Greater Toronto-Hamilton Area (43 seats)
Liberal 8 – PC 26 – NDP – 9

Eastern Ontario (18 seats)
Liberal 5 – PC 13 – NDP 0

Southwestern Ontario (24 seats)
Liberal 1 – PC 16 – NDP 7

Northern Ontario (14 seats)
Liberal 1 – PC 5 – NDP 8

TOTAL

Liberal: 27
PC: 66
NDP: 31

A slim PC majority government with the NDP as the official opposition.

I am 100% certain that my riding will go to the PC's. Scarborough Centre has always had a seat on the government benches. I grew up in Scarborough-Agincourt, which is a Liberal stronghold on all levels.

I am 100% certain that my riding will go to the PC's. Scarborough Centre has always had a seat on the government benches. I grew up in Scarborough-Agincourt, which is a Liberal stronghold on all levels.

I definitely think Scarborough Centre is going blue. I think Scarborough-Agincourt, Willowdale and Don Valley East have good chances of turning blue, as well.

The federal Conservatives got over 40% of the vote in themost recent by-election, and the federal Liberals are far more popular than their provincial counterparts.

I am 100% certain that my riding will go to the PC's. Scarborough Centre has always had a seat on the government benches.

Actually, its 70s/80s predecessor swung back and forth btw/the NDP and PCs (and Liberals in 1987).

Actually, its 70s/80s predecessor swung back and forth btw/the NDP and PCs (and Liberals in 1987).

Yes, the map has changed, especially when the Mike Harris PC's reduced the number or ridings.

I definitely think Scarborough Centre is going blue. I think Scarborough-Agincourt, Willowdale and Don Valley East have good chances of turning blue, as well.

Not sure if I will end up voting for the PC's, but I am not bothered if my MPP isn't a Liberal.

The federal Conservatives got over 40% of the vote in the most recent by-election, and the federal Liberals are far more popular than their provincial counterparts.

I even see people talking about the provincial liberals bringing down their federal counterparts.

Right now the polls are looking a lot like 2011 federally. On the other hand, Kathleen Wynne is a MUCH better campaigner than Michael Ignatieff was and has the advantage of being in a position to implement policy.

Back