2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion | Page 265

Discussion in 'Politics & Diplomacy' started by MetroMan, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Videodrome

Videodrome Senior Member

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    steveintoronto likes this.

2. W. K. Lis

W. K. Lis Superstar

TVOntario The Agenda

At this link.

See the recorded videos at this link.

3. steveintoronto

steveintoronto Senior Member

He's making the point I was lambasted for doing just a few days back....the fault found in my analysis that it was (gist) "not the buzz" whatever the hell is meant by that.

To quote MRC:
    https://www.thestar.com/opinion/sta...s-conspire-against-a-minority-government.html

Same poster offered two possible causations of my observations: Either I wasn't widely read, which is absolutely absurd, I do read the Cdn press closely as well as the international press, or it was my being "contemptuous". I rather favour the latter. For good reason...

For some, it's all about "buzz"...

I see a good chance of a King Maker out of a three-way split. And again, I mention the two sitting independents now. With the Cons slashing candidates left and right (pun fully intended) there might even be a few more sitting post election. A 'Triumvirate of the Disaffected' could swing a might mace with the a tight three way result, and the decision of the Lieutenant Governor. All discussed in MRC's article, all discussed by myself a few days back.

"Anything But Ford"....grammatically correct, as "thing" refers to the state of being, not the person.

4. narduch

narduch Active Member

Man things must be really bad for the Liberals when one of their main mouthpieces even talks up a coalition .

Admiral Beez likes this.
  5. steveintoronto

It would be interesting to see if the number has been matched historically, provincially or federally. It makes the Klingons look apt at the Royal Wedding in comparison.

And many have fallen, or been pushed ("tendered their resignation"...lol) for far less, and a hell of a lot less evidence. Ford even admits this. I'm reminded of brother Ford with loose tie-rod joints, (euphemistically) blaming his 'mechanics' for filling his pipe at the wrong end, and thus his driving while under the influence.

Ontario Teflon. Patent Pending. Nothing sticks to it, it's inherently slippery due to drug induced polymerisation.

syn likes this.
  6. adma

adma Superstar

Uh, relative to what I had been primarily lambasting you about, note that there is no mention of Mike Schreiner and the Greens in that piece. You're inferring they might be a factor; and I wouldn't deny that possibility. *But that isn't being articulated here. Or in any of these MRC pieces.*

Stop shifting the chairs re my original point of contention with you. What you're offering is about coalitions and minorities. ***It is not about the Greens.***
    And by bringing up the "two sitting independents" (as if they were running for reelection--other than Trillium's Jack McLaren, are there *any* non-Big 3 incumbents running?) and inferring the possibility of more post-election, you're self-servingly deflecting. And by now conveniently, strategically avoiding *any* mention of Schreiner and the Greens, you're covering up your tracks.

Let's go back to the post where I originally took contention with you

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...ection-discussion.26061/page-257#post-1335291

Where, pray tell, did we get from *there* to *here*?

Though reading it now, I get the picture.

That statement of yours (which triggered this whole thread of discussion) should have been prefaced by "For me..." Without such a preface, it appeared to be deceptively reflecting a bigger picture at a time when, uh, "Horwathmania" was underway.

Subjective opinion vs the (however manipulative) mass-media barometer. Or, "why I, myself, am supporting Green" rather than "what's actually happening out there"...

(Personally, I find these kinds of threads insulated dead-boring when they become such "why I, myself" affairs. Almost as bad as when everyone circle-jerks off their Vote Compass scores...)

7. steveintoronto

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/sta...s-conspire-against-a-minority-government.html
    Why are the Greens barred from Ontario’s TV debates?

By MARTIN REGG COHNOntario Politics Columnist
    Wed., May 2, 2018
    https://www.thestar.com/opinion/sta...e-greens-barred-from-ontarios-tv-debates.html
    It might help if you could read accurately and stop jumping to 'concussions'.

"What's happening out there" is a good chance of a two or three way split. You don't know, no-one knows. And I don't have the vote in this election. I'm not supporting any Party, merely analyzing possibilities, and the NDP is on record in many articles as stating that they wouldn't form a coalition with the Liberals, or vice-versa, albeit the NDP *apparently* has a much greater chance of an upset outcome.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  8. PinkLucy

PinkLucy Moderator Staff Member

9. steveintoronto

And rumour of more to come. Brown claims to be ready for his "tell all" albeit not published until November. Unsubstantiated allegations get Brown hoisted, but substantiated ones for Ford, which he admits to, don't. It'll be interesting to see what Brown has to spill, if someone doesn't beat him to it.

10. steveintoronto

11. Hopkins123

Hopkins123 Senior Member

Vomit! Seems the only true alternative to the Liberals is the Conservatives. Liberals mustn't play any part in the new government, they need a time out.

MTown likes this.
  12. Admiral Beez

Admiral Beez Senior Member

13. King of Kensington

King of Kensington Senior Member

More like the Libs supporting Andrea Horwath.

steveintoronto, JWBF and W. K. Lis like this.
  14. King of Kensington

King of Kensington Senior Member

I wuz robbed, just like Maxime Bernier!

15. Videodrome

Videodrome Senior Member

Even CP2Ford was featuring the story about Doug going to the fundraiser.