News   Jul 12, 2024
 736     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 670     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 297     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Mammo's sunk to supporting Iola, I can see him running for provincial or federal office on some indy or fringe-party ticket a la Arthur Smitherman.

Gun nut and police boot-licker Norm Gardner is now running in Ward 28 - John Filion's old turf.

"Norman "Norm" Gardner (born February 13, 1938) is a politician and administrator in Toronto,"

Good to see the younger generation taking over!

But... Wiki goes on to state:

2014 Toronto mayoral election
On January 30, 2014, Gardner registered as a candidate in Toronto's fall 2014 mayoral election.[72][73] His campaign received little attention; he was never considered a major candidate, did not register in opinion polls and was not invited to participate in mayoral debates. Gardner withdrew his candidacy on September 4, 2014.[74]

Peter Milczyn leaving a hint on Twitter that he'll be running again:

"Just my second visit back to City Council since leaving 4 years ago. I prefer the Modern architecture over Queen's Park"

The question is whether it will be Ward 5 or 6. He used to represent Ward 5 at City Hall, but Ward 6 would be an "easier" battle for him given the younger/more left leaning area of Humber Bay, which he represented provincially.

Peter Milczyn leaving a hint on Twitter that he'll be running again:

"Just my second visit back to City Council since leaving 4 years ago. I prefer the Modern architecture over Queen's Park"

The question is whether it will be Ward 5 or 6. He used to represent Ward 5 at City Hall, but Ward 6 would be an "easier" battle for him given the younger/more left leaning area of Humber Bay, which he represented provincially.

But he's also a more John Tory "establishment" Liberal, and actually did better in the northern half of the riding.

Comment made tongue in cheek? Isn’t 36 years on the public payroll enough? Dillion is a milquetoast character for me.
I thought so at first when I started following council. He's such a quiet guy. Until he stood up with his motion to cut RoFo's mayoral powers. Reading the link, there were things I didn't know.

"He successfully introduced a restaurant rating system so diners could know which restaurants served mouse droppings in the soup and which ones were clean."
"He blew the whistle on a complicated land deal involving the Toronto Parking Authority and kept pressing the matter with the city’s auditor general and at council — a push that saw the arms-length board and its senior staff removed by Toronto Council."
"He was involved in the early 2000s ouster of former Toronto police chief Julian Fantino, during some of the Toronto Police Services Board’s most contentious years."

https://www.toronto.com/opinion-sto...b-ford-biographer-john-filion-calls-it-quits/

The REALLY crazy part is that they ARE crazy enough to try it and that people seem prepared to actually vote for them. Scary!

Oh, ffs.....how far do I have to go to get away from these dicks? New Zealand? Slovakia? Gatineau enough, for a bit?

I'm so done with this family.

I wonder if they will run him for mayor.

And I'm only half joking. The family is crazy enough to try it
Oh God, this never occurred to me! I doubt they would do it this time around, though, probably wait till the next election if Tory truly isn't going to go for 3.

I live in the new Ward 21 and was somewhat surprised to get an election postcard at my door the other day for the fall Council election. Information for Suzanne Kavanagh ("Kavanagh Can!") the former SLNA President who is running for Councillor - replacing the wonderful Pam McConnell and the useless appointed Lucy Troisi. Seems a bit early to be out electioneering to me but is this common?
Kavanagh2.JPG
Kavanagh1.JPG

Attachments

• Kavanagh2.JPG
    Kavanagh2.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 680
  • Kavanagh1.JPG
    Kavanagh1.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 684

Back