News   Apr 26, 2024
 685     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 240     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 720     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DMW signed up for re-election. He must be bummed, he was a shoe-in for a cabinet post had he won Don Valley East in the provincial election..

Mikey Ford just registered for re-election. I'm quite confident he runs for mayor four years from now. Maybe a Layton vs. Ford offspring battle?

I live in the new Ward 21 and was somewhat surprised to get an election postcard at my door the other day for the fall Council election. Information for Suzanne Kavanagh ("Kavanagh Can!") the former SLNA President who is running for Councillor - replacing the wonderful Pam McConnell and the useless appointed Lucy Troisi. Seems a bit early to be out electioneering to me but is this common?View attachment 148941 View attachment 148942

I would think when it's an open race (no incumbent), it would be fairly common to hit the ground running and create as much of a head start as possible, both to discourage other potential candidates, and to build the narrative that Kavanagh is the one to beat.

Deanna Sgro, daughter of Judy, is running in Ward 8. She ran for the Liberals last month and placed third in Humber River Black Creek.

I saw a door hanger in Guildwood yesterday from Gary Crawford. This is new territory for him with the ward change so he's moving quickly.

It sounds like Mammoliti (TO's worst city councillor) may have a serious challenger, TDSB school trustee Tiffany Ford. She has a lot of prominent backers including Kristyn Wong-Tam, Michael Coteau, Adam Vaughan, Jill Andrew and Desmond Cole.

Back