News   Apr 25, 2024
 254     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 823     2 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 837     0 

2018 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

How many non-incumbent winners will there be on council?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I couldn't grab a picture but I saw a Sgro sign around Downsview and I swear it was just her old provincial Liberal signs with the bottom "Liberal Party" logo chopped off at the bottom.

I couldn't grab a picture but I saw a Sgro sign around Downsview and I swear it was just her old provincial Liberal signs with the bottom "Liberal Party" logo chopped off at the bottom.

That's what Karygiannis did four years ago - just put a white sticker over the Liberal logo. I think he has new signs this year, but I don't live in his ward anymore.

Happy to see. They don't mention the same size, however, so I question some of the polls, including the huge lead McKelvie has over Shan.

If this is true god Shan is the one of the most incompetent Councillors ever. He tries for years to get elected...then he finally wins a by election then the first proper election is wayyy behind a challenger ...jeeeeezze

I was hoping Scarborough Rouge River would continue going under the radar. But Forum had to release this poll and now maybe some of the progressive downtowners will actually bother traveling to East Scarborough to campaign for a progressive that is at risk of losing. But then again maybe I shouldn't post this since I don't want that to happen.

If this is true god Shan is the one of the most incompetent Councillors ever. He tries for years to get elected...then he finally wins a by election then the first proper election is wayyy behind a challenger ...jeeeeezze

There could have been some discrepancies impacting the polling... perhaps Shan's voters are less comfortable answering English questions? I could totally believe the race is tight, but a giant lead over an incumbent seems trivial.

Last edited:
There could have been some discrepancies impacting the polling... perhaps Shan's voters are less comfortable answering English questions? I could totally believe the race is tight, but a giant lead over an incumbent seems trivial.

Though in the old ward model, I can see McKelvie as having been the frontrunner in Moeser country--and it happens to be whiter/more affluent/presumably-higher-turnout than Shan's turf...

Back