News   Jul 17, 2024
 544     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 640     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

Regarding Mikey running in Ward 2, the impression I get from Andray Domise is that people in Etobicoke are deeply embarrassed about how they brought on the Ford circus. This is an encouraging sign. Now, time for that to happen here in Scarborough...

Regarding Mikey running in Ward 2, the impression I get from Andray Domise is that people in Etobicoke are deeply embarrassed about how they brought on the Ford circus. This is an encouraging sign. Now, time for that to happen here in Scarborough...

Well, of course he'd say that, he's running against Mike Ford. I want Mike Ford to lose so we can finally have a Ford-free city hall, but Andray Domise is a pretty awful alternative. I'd rather let Krystin Wong-Tam maintain her status as Chief Social Justice Warrior on city council.

Well, of course he'd say that, he's running against Mike Ford. I want Mike Ford to lose so we can finally have a Ford-free city hall, but Andray Domise is a pretty awful alternative. I'd rather let Krystin Wong-Tam maintain her status as Chief Social Justice Warrior on city council.

I've liked what Andray Domise has been saying, so please elaborate. How is he an awful alternative? I'm genuinely interested in what you have to say.

I miss being Toronto the Good.

Whenever that is uttered, people often edit things out like the Orangemen riots, the Christie Pits riot, the bathhouse raids, to mention only a few lowlights from the city's history. 'Toronto the Good' is an image, a marketing ploy, almost. Yes, there is much to celebrate in Toronto, but also a lot wrong, and a lot of things have been wrong for a long time.

Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong is courting the automobile driver vote in Ward 34. Wants to license bicyclists, starting with bicycle couriers.

See the Toronto Sun article at this link.

If even the Sun has dismissed the idea (like whacking cyclists, hate enlarging council bureaucracy), then DMW is playing to the crowd, as this would easily get shot down in council. This, from the towering genius who wanted to rename Union station, and chose to go to war over pink umbrellas. Yeesh.

Back