News   Jul 17, 2024
 71     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 702     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 611     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

Has anyone been checking out Ward 32's council race? We started receiving this, and there's no other thing to call it, other than what it is - a propaganda newspaper - in our mailbox for months on end. We thought it was a joke and crazy. Here is the link to the online edition: http://issuu.com/yourwardnews/docs/ward32newssept2014
Anyhow, in it, a guy named James Sears was constantly harassing and haranguing current councillor Mary Margaret McMahon. Unfortunately this guy is all too real, I saw him putting up election signs in the neighbourhood earlier this week and they are outrageous, as is his website: http://www.jamessearsward32.com/ Unfortunately I don't think this is a joke and he is seriously disturbed. Also doing a bit of internet sleuthing I've found out he goes by Dmitri The Lover and his Twitter account is downright outrageous, misogynistic, and sad. https://twitter.com/dimitrithelover Really no one should be voting for this guy, let alone offering to host his election signs on their property. The guy's got a screw loose or 10.

What is going on with this year's elections? Between the circus that is Ford and this guy I am seriously wondering what is happening with this city! Are the Fords ushering in a new era of crazy? Where people like this are encouraged to participate.

Last edited:
Has anyone been checking out Ward 32's council race? We started receiving this, and there's no other thing to call it, other than what it is - a propaganda newspaper - in our mailbox for months on end. We thought it was a joke and crazy. Here is the link to the online edition: http://issuu.com/yourwardnews/docs/ward32newssept2014
Anyhow, in it, a guy named James Sears was constantly harassing and haranguing current councillor Mary Margaret McMahon. Unfortunately this guy is all too real, I saw him putting up election signs in the neighbourhood earlier this week and they are outrageous, as is his website: http://www.jamessearsward32.com/ Unfortunately I don't think this is a joke and he is seriously disturbed. Also doing a bit of internet sleuthing I've found out he goes by Dmitri The Lover and his Twitter account is downright outrageous, misogynistic, and sad. https://twitter.com/dimitrithelover Really no one should be voting for this guy, let alone offering to host his election signs on their property. The guy's got a screw loose or 10.

What is going on with this year's elections? Between the circus that is Ford and this guy I am seriously wondering what is happening with this city! Are the Fords ushering in a new era of crazy? Where people like this are encouraged to participate.

As far as I can tell, James Sears is a complete nutcase. With a history of sexual abuse according to a 6-year old Sun article - http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2008/12/31/7891486.html - containing other such nuggets about James Sears such as:
He apparently found military medicine boring, "which led to compulsive masturbation up to six times per day, which was accomplished by going off to the washroom in between patients," the records state.

Here's another 2008 article - http://jezebel.com/5020419/dimitri-...apons-stockpiling-and-psychiatric-evaluations

The local newspaper's report of the debate he attended is interesting - http://www.beachmetro.com/2014/10/07/council-candidates-cover-traffic-transit-applegrove-debate/
the civility got badly bruised by self-titled "anti-Marxist" candidate James Sears, a former doctor whose medical license was revoked for sexual misconduct.

Sears swore several times, made lewd remarks, ranted against a "gay mafia" and spoke about his business, Toronto Real Men, which advertises ways to help men seduce women.

In the first open-floor question of the night, a resident quoted lewd writing on the site and asked "Do you really expect a sane person to actually vote for you?"

Sears then defended his business as "heterosexual advocacy."

"I believe that society is emotionally and chemically and psychologically castrating men," he said.

At one point, Sears' language had a dad in the audience hugging both his kids to his sides and covering their free ears with both hands.

It's not a surprise then, that James Sears has endorsed Doug Ford, and thinks very highly of Rob Ford.

I doubt Sears will even finish in the top 5 in the ward.

In ward 39 Franco Ng told me he would like to see either John Tory or Doug Ford win. After hearing his choices, I told him I couldn't vote for him.

Not surprising considering he worked in Del Grande's office. I live in Ward 39 and I have no idea who I might vote for as I can't support anyone at the moment. All the candidates are running the same platform as far as I can tell, pandering to what is apparently Ford Nation out here in NW Scarborough. Everyone wants to lower taxes (have property taxes ever decreased?) while extending the Sheppard Subway (which would most likely require a property tax hike like the BD Extension).

I really find it amusing that this 43 Down site picks fringe candidates who have no chance of winning.

But interesting, too, that they *aren't* endorsing James Sears, and withheld their earlier Reg Hartt endorsement as well...

Wow! Thanks for the extra internet sleuthing work there nfitz! Yes, James Sears (aka Dmitri The Lover) definitely seems to have something wrong with him. His website is absolutely ridiculous. If there is anyone who could actually sue someone during this election I'm thinking Mary Margaret McMahon would have a valid case against James Sears - considering this guy actually made an online game where she is depicted and you spank her!?!?! This is actually on his website.

Also on his website he has listed his "skills" as to why he would be a good candidate for Ward 32.... Here they are below.....wow, crazy!

"-Physician, University of Toronto, Class of '88

-Elected Chief Intern, Doctors Hospital, 1989

-Delivered a record 95 babies during 1 year internship

-Captain, Canadian Armed Forces, Honourably Discharged, 1992

-Canada's #1 Medical Fraud & Malpractice Investigator Since 1994

-World's #1 Seduction Guru & Male Confidence Builder Since 2005

-Advertising & Marketing Consultant Extraordinaire

-Ontario's #1 Trainer of Sales Consultants, with Specialization in Mortgage & Real Estate Agents

-Small Business Start-Up Consultant

-Writer, Poet, Ethicist, Philosopher & Heretic

-Religious & Spiritual Leader

-Raceologist & Phrenologist

-Revisionist Historian & Apologist with Special Interest in World Religions, Hitler & The Nazis, Marxist Crimes Against Humanity, Government Conspiracies

-Anti-Feminist & Anti-Metrosexual Agitator

-Anti-Marxist Crusader

-Christian, Pro-Life & Family Values Advocate (Go Jesus!)

-Christian Libertarian Theorist & Advocate

-Jewellery & Fashion Designer

-Consistent Scorer of >60% Right-Brain Dominance

-Clairvoyant & Faith Healer

-Gourmet Chef & Nutritional Consultant

-Former Online Restaurant Critic

-Proudly Served on High School Chess Team (2nd boarder)

-Proudly Served on High School Typing Team (128 words per minute, #2 in city; I would have been #1 but I lost to broad on electric typewriter after inept typing teacher misinformed me that we had to use manual typewriters)

-Legal Consultant Specializing in Sexual Assault & Harassment, Highway Traffic Act, Charter Motions, Poison Pen Legal Letters, etc.

-Amateur Chiropractor, Accountant, Dental Hygienist, Massage Therapist, Psychotherapist, etc.

-Expert At Shaming People Into Doing the Right Thing

-Professional Shrew Tamer & Spanking Administrator

-Proud Owner of a Beautiful, Svelte REAL CANADIAN (Irish-Scottish-French-Aboriginal) Wife

-Shih-Tzu Enthusiast & Precision Belly Rubber

-Generous With His Money But Stingy With Everyone Else's

-Most Brutally Honest Person on the Planet

-Never Touches A Drop Of Alcohol (ethanol increases estrogen levels in men, thereby feminizing them, and making them useless in bed)

-Pot Legalization Advocate & Occasional Strain Tester

-Grower of Hair That Puts Yanni to Shame

-The Only Major Candidate that is "Lawsuit-Proof" by having No Assets in His Name, Preventing Corrupt Elements From Silencing Him Through Extortion, Blackmail or Manipulation by way of Employing the Threat of Litigation for Slander or Libel

-The Only Major Candidate that is "Blackmail/Extortion-Proof" Because All His Skeletons are Strewn Across the Internet (90% of which are total lies, but discourage blackmailers and extortionists)"

Wow! Thanks for the extra internet sleuthing work there nfitz! Yes, James Sears (aka Dmitri The Lover) definitely seems to have something wrong with him. His website is absolutely ridiculous. If there is anyone who could actually sue someone during this election I'm thinking Mary Margaret McMahon would have a valid case against James Sears - considering this guy actually made an online game where she is depicted and you spank her!?!?! This is actually on his website.

Also on his website he has listed his "skills" as to why he would be a good candidate for Ward 32.... Here they are below.....wow, crazy!

'Shih-tzu enthusiast' ... I dunno, doesn't sound very butch.

Wong-Tam is one of the harder working councillors at City Hall. She can get carried away with identity issues but otherwise seems to have good judgement. That anyone would want to see her defeated when the likes of Mammoliti and Shiner and Rob Ford will likely be returned is a bit sad.

I've never bothered to read Yahoo comments (I seldom read anything there), and now I never will again. Sad that there is such ignorance and hatred out there.

Back