News   Jul 18, 2024
 221     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 376     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 776     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Toronto Council Races

Council will certainly be a more ethnically representative place, that's for sure. Perhaps fitting for a city where 50% of the inhabitants were born outside Canada.

Anybody else here get a poll call from Campaign Solutions for Ward 30? Did the call work? I pressed the number for my preferred candidate (at this time) and was cut off. Guess I picked the wrong candidate. LOL.

Anybody else here get a poll call from Campaign Solutions for Ward 30? Did the call work? I pressed the number for my preferred candidate (at this time) and was cut off. Guess I picked the wrong candidate. LOL.

Campaign Solutions is a firm run by former right-leaning councillor Rob Davis. Probably polling for candidate Liz West.

Spent a little time researching Ward 1 Councillor candidates and it seems to me there are at least four who are head and shoulders better potential representatives than the existing Councillor Crisanti
If anyone lives or knows someone in Ward 1 it behoove them to farmilarize themselves with
Akhtar Ayub
Arsalan Baig
Idil Burale (AFUITBS has very good things to say about her see their April 16/14 posting)
Patricia Crooks
Charan Hundal
Hopefully the voters of Ward 1 will see the quality difference too.

It is really too bad the dearth of talent seeking election in the Etobioke's wards south Dixon...There really are only two that might make your head turn Russ Ford in Ward 6 and John Moskalyk in Ward 3....then there are the alsorans from 2010 John Campbell Ward 4 and Justin DiCiano Ward 5
It might be an idea if say Luke Larocque, Andray Domise or Minura Akubar looked at running in 3 or 4 and Moskalyk shifting to 5
That would be a great boon to Ward 2 whereby vote splitting would be reduced and MF's chances would be further reduced.
That would be a very interesting slate of Councillors coming out of Etobicoke should it happen
Ward 1 Idil Burale
Ward 2 Minura Akubar
Ward 3 Luke LaRocque (AFUITBS Challenger to Watch III in Ward 2)
Ward 4 Andray Domise
Ward 5 John Moskalyk
Ward 6 Russ Ford (AFUITBS Challenger to Watch IX)

Last edited:
My feeling is, Domise is presently so entrenched as the dominant "strategic alternative" to Mikey that to parachute him elsewhere is counterproductive...

My feeling is, Domise is presently so entrenched as the dominant "strategic alternative" to Mikey that to parachute him elsewhere is counterproductive...

It was kind of my thought too however it would be easier to parachute Domise than say Akubar....he has a greater across the board drawing factor and Akubar is well ensconced with Somali and TCHC community.

Back