News   Oct 02, 2024
 265     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 575     0 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 1.9K     4 

2005-6 Federal Election: New poll shows Tories in the lead

It won't be called Stephen Harper's cabinet, it will be called Stephen Harper's Ministries.

Damn. I forgot how bad a Conservative cabinet will be. Foreign Affairs Minister Stockwell Day is scary enough, without adding such luminaries as Myron Thompson, Jason Kenney, Milhouse Clement. Day could make Condi Rice look good in comparison.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Minister of Foreign Affairs Stockwell Day. And Jason Kenny, I'm sure any ministry will be really happy to have him heading it up. First, he needs to get laid...

Stephen Harper's Cabinet

harpero_cabinet.jpg

Here's a journalistic talking point: the Tories are to the Liberals what Narnia is to King Kong. Dazzle vs "values"...and "values", mysteriously, win...

Well, at least Jason Kenney can head the newly founded Ministry of Chasity and Procreation.

AoD

Half the time I don't understand you adma. Let me attempt to try... Harper has policies that are from a wacky dreamworld and Martin's policies are simply ficticious? Not sure about the Dazzle vs Values though... Harper Dazzles??

I'm going to predict that I think Ontario will surprise the country again and tell the pollsters one thing before election day and actually vote for another -- Liberal -- on election day. Not that this will be enough to prevent a Tory minority, but likely enough to keep them a fair enough distance away from a majority.

I'd also expect the Tory lead to close somewhat over the next week. Although, I'm sure they will still be in the lead on electrion day. We'll see if I'm right.

I also think Chow will beat Ianno by a slim margin which will be one of the only few positive stories for the NDP on election night.

Any more predictions people???

Stop with the fear mongering already. :rolleyes
Looks like you bought into the liberal agenda hook, line and sinker. The liberals have been in power for over a decade yet healthcare waiting list continue to grow, tuition rates are at an all time high and government corruption is rampant. If you want to see what a liberal promise is worth look at our waterfront or our transit system. It’s time for a change.

I agree...that's why I'll probably vote NDP.

It's too bad they haven't taken advantage of the momentum they had last election, along with the changes they influenced/forced in parliment. They could be running a stronger campaign.

I'm puzzled as to why people vote NDP. I can understand a Liberal vote, or a Green vote, but voting NDP seems to accomplish little.

I'm puzzled as to why people vote NDP. I can understand a Liberal vote, or a Green vote, but voting NDP seems to accomplish little.
:rolleyes

I don't think you need to quote...

Pray tell me why voting NDP is good for Canada, or what specific policies the NDP proposes that would benefit Canada, that neither the Liberals nor the Green propose?

The Greens actually have a workable environmental plan. The NDP's rebate fantasy land would spend lots of money and get little done.

Half the time I don't understand you adma. Let me attempt to try... Harper has policies that are from a wacky dreamworld and Martin's policies are simply ficticious? Not sure about the Dazzle vs Values though... Harper Dazzles??

More or less, this. King Kong as a status quo version of Hollywood blockbuster dazzle; it was meant to be the "big one" of the season. Mainstream status quo in the same sense as the Liberals are mainstream status quo.

Narnia, meanwhile, is more of a Passion Of The Christ kind of blockbuster. Y'know, "spiritual". Appealing to a values-conscious superniche--and the funny thing is, these days, the superniche may be more powerful than the "mainstream status quo"...

Narnia's been beating King Kong at the box office, in case you haven't noticed.

The Greens actually have a workable environmental plan. The NDP's rebate fantasy land would spend lots of money and get little done.

Huh? I thought that the Green tax credit/break business-friendly environmental plan was a fantasy land. Never mind that most environmental groups tend to endose the NDP - and remind me which party Gord Perks is running for.

Back