News   May 17, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Bloor East is sort of a nice project; however, given the many eyesores in the immediate 'hood, I expect a "stunning" tower at this intersection--at minimum, a new Four Season's Hotel knock off. The current project? It's tall, but it has this cheap tacky look about it that makes me wish for more....

This is a forum, not a blog.

What little world is that?

Hahaha! Nice one :p

Sorry, didnt mean to offend anyone by calling it a blog. My mistake! And as for my little world - well not so little, but I'd rather not say.

I think we need to put Christopher Hume on hold.....

I called the 1BE sales office today regarding the C Hume article, and they said they've had numerous calls all day because of it, and there's no truth to it. The sales rep or reception, don't know exactly who I was talking to, said they are under construction, and they have finalized the hotel and should be announcing it soon. So my question is; i thought that's what they said a few months ago? Who knows?!

Much as I have been opposed to pointless and baseless rumours, I have to say that Bazis has brought some of this on themselves. I don't understand their attitude of saying nothing and letting these stories spread. They should hire a good PR person and get some more positive spin out there to their various constituencies, including especially the media.

I called the 1BE sales office...

Seems like a pretty pointless endeavour. (as if the brokerage in charge would know or would tell of any possible hurdles)

I called the 1BE sales office today regarding the C Hume article, and they said they've had numerous calls all day because of it, and there's no truth to it. The sales rep or reception, don't know exactly who I was talking to, said they are under construction, and they have finalized the hotel and should be announcing it soon. So my question is; i thought that's what they said a few months ago? Who knows?!

According to Wikipedia the Hotel will be managed by Sofitel. Now I know Wikipedia can have inaccurate information from time-to-time but generally its a fairly reliable source of info. Here is the link. The website domain "sofiteltoronto.com" has been registered by someone which is another positive sign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Bloor_East

http://sofiteltoronto.com/

According to Wikipedia the Hotel will be managed by Sofitel. Now I know Wikipedia can have inaccurate information from time-to-time but generally its a fairly reliable source of info. Here is the link. The website domain "sofiteltoronto.com" has been registered by someone which is another positive sign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Bloor_East

http://sofiteltoronto.com/

Old news, my friend ... regarding the site being up that is.

Now I've been one to avoid jumping on the Bazis bashing bandwagon but I'll agree to something. The negative attention they're getting in the media is their own fault - as some have pointed out. With very untimely (non existent) news releases to restore confidence in this project what could Bazis expect ...

Who knows, maybe they don't care what anyone thinks though - they have their sales / financing ... and are just taking their sweet time. Maybe ...

Time shall tell.

1 Bloor East is sort of a nice project; however, given the many eyesores in the immediate 'hood, I expect a "stunning" tower at this intersection--at minimum, a new Four Season's Hotel knock off. The current project? It's tall, but it has this cheap tacky look about it that makes me wish for more....

ditto urbandreamer ... I share your thoughts precisely :D

Now I've been one to avoid jumping on the Bazis bashing bandwagon but I'll agree to something. The negative attention they're getting in the media is their own fault - as some have pointed out. With very untimely (non existent) news releases to restore confidence in this project what could Bazis expect ...

as noted in my signature ... SIGH :rolleyes:

Old news, my friend ... regarding the site being up that is.

Who knows, maybe they don't care what anyone thinks though - they have their sales / financing ... and are just taking their sweet time. Maybe ...

Time shall tell.

They do?

No clue :)

I was implying if they did - maybe that's the logic they use to bother making and news releases.

Think about it - come 3/4 months from now if they're ready to go everyone will think it's amazing / miracle by that time :p

The hotel is only big news if Bazis has sold or leased out the space. It's not so big if all they did was obtain some brand's rights to use on the hotel.

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing this site quite often but this if my first post. I drove by the One Bloor site today and took a few pictures. I am a realtor that is quite interested to see if this project will go ahead.

This is my first time uploading photos so hopefully I am doing it correctly.

If I hear any solid information, I will be sure to pass it along

Attachments

• one bloor activity 2b.jpg
    one bloor activity 2b.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG 2372b.jpg
    IMG 2372b.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
thx for the pics, Maverick, and welcome to the forum......:)

It's a matter of opinion, but I think the design is quite elegant and innovative. Don't know if you ever saw the model in the sales office, but the sliding panels forming the 'lanai's' are quite unique; the building is slender and modern, with great touches, like the protrusions on the north and south, and the 'finns' on top. I think the building will help transform this section of Bloor Street, and look forward to seeing it go up.

It's a matter of opinion, but I think the design is quite elegant and innovative. Don't know if you ever saw the model in the sales office, but the sliding panels forming the 'lanai's' are quite unique; the building is slender and modern, with great touches, like the protrusions on the north and south, and the 'finns' on top. I think the building will help transform this section of Bloor Street, and look forward to seeing it go up.

Read back in this Forum and you'll find many people who have a very different opinion. Some think the sliding panels a sales/marketing ploy to artificially increase the size of units and some think the panels on top are inappropriate.

My view is this is the perfect place for a very tall tower and I'll restrain myelf from judging it (too much) until it's completed. What was there before was inappropriate for the site and anything (well, almost anything) is better than that. Of course, if it doesn't succeed to impress once completed, it will indeed be waste and a lost opportunity, as a ton of money will have been poured into doing this and it's a certainty that it won't be rectified until the very distant future when the exterior needs renovation. Of course, any renovation would do nothing for the overall design or placement of the tower and podium on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back