News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 998     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 371     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it a little interesting that Apple is looking at the 150 Bloor W space now, when it was long rumoured that they were going to go for space in 1BE. I'm guessing Apple wanted space sooner rather than later and the uncertainty with the project scared them to other space.

The site today. Still waiting for something... anything...

DSCN4378.jpg

looks like its ready to become a commuter parking lot.

Want a Park @ 1 Bloor until excavation

I take a couple of lunches a week at the area and with spring in the air it would be fantastic to have a place to sit and enjoy take-out sitting on a bench and some potted greenery - Euro style.

^ Great idea ud - and you can add a farmer's market and local artists since the space is so big. If it still hasn't started by November, you can add christmas trees to the mix. Better than a gravel lot.

They'd never admit it but I bet the Bloor-Yorkville BIA is already creating a list of low-cost plans and partnership proposals to use the site until the building eventually happens.

Easy said but as long as this parcel of land is privately owned nothing can be done by these neighbourhood groups or city. It will just remain an empty lot.

Bazis could be nice if their plans stall and allow for temporary community use. In the Junction, a vacant lot has become a temporary public square with the owner's permission.

They'd never admit it but I bet the Bloor-Yorkville BIA is already creating a list of low-cost plans and partnership proposals to use the site until the building eventually happens.

I find all of the construction happening around the area last year & this year to be much more of a distraction and eyesore than the empty 1BE site.

St. Patrick's day parade I venture to guess. Chrysler needs the luck of the Irish to survive 2009. Or is it that Chrysler has the luck of the Irish and that's why they have no chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back