News   Jul 12, 2024
 798     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 725     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 305     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds fishy, I dont know which one is the Xerox building, but if it is on the lot line of this complex, it would make more sense to do this work when the big dig is going down for 1BE than right now. Are they going to backfill it when finished?

I agree it doesn't make sense. If waterproofing of the xerox building is the only thing happening why would they even bother doing this now if excavation of the entire site is only a few months away. If they do backfill it when finished it would be a bad sign.

There's no subway under this property

Maybe he's referring to the path connecting to the subway?
There is a TTC exit on the s.of Bloor in the Xerox building.

Is it 1 Bloor who is doing the waterproofing, or is it Xerox Centre? This might not have anything to do with 1 Bloor at all.

Mods, can this thread please be moved to the Site Prep-Excavation and Waterproofing subforum? Thanks in advance.

That subforum was merged into the Even If The Building Gets Built I Will Never Accede To The Fact That It Exists subforum, and then that was merged into the What A Disappointment This Building Is subforum, and that was just renamed Projects and Construction, and here you are! All done.

The Yonge line is directly beneath the Xerox tower. I can still remember looking up from the Yonge platform and seeing the sky through gaps in the hoarding before the basement level was completed.

It'd be cool to see some sort of 3D cross-section graphic of this intersection that shows where the tracks/platforms are in relation to the buildings. A basic image search comes up with nothing.

I'm still surprised that 1 Bloor's lower levels will be able to go down so far without disrupting any of the underground tunnels/shopping.

hello, ive been following these blogs for months and find it very interesting. I think Toronto needs a building like 1BE. If it was launched 2 or 3 years ago, it would have been built (under construction), the market has changed drastically, its a very different industry now. In my humble opinon, i dont think this one is going to make it, unfortunatly I cant say why, and once again its just my opinon, which would be a shame, because it truly would be a spectacular tower. there are many condos in pre-sales that will be cancelling this quarter and next, the bank requirements have changed. Buildings that have recieved finanacing are now having the banks pull out and ask for more money, which means more sales to achieve, which is really hard right now. the sad part of all this, is this industry will never recover until consumers have confidence in the markets again. Which is tough when we have 24/7 media that is always telling us bad news. Ever since 1BE launched, everyone wanted them to fail, instead of everyone looking at what a difference a tower like this could do to our city, rank us as a World Class City, that we have something beautiful, instead of all them boring precast box buildings. Just some thoughts, sorry if i bored you with my rant and rave, but some of these posts are very interesting.

Ever since 1BE launched, everyone wanted them to fail, instead of everyone looking at what a difference a tower like this could do to our city, rank us as a World Class City, that we have something beautiful, instead of all them boring precast box buildings.
I really don't think very many people wanted Bazis to fail with this project. It's pretty much universally accepted that this corner deserves a supertall, and 1BE more or less delivers. That said, they sure drew some heat for their marketing hype machine with the camp-out sales "line-ups" and outrageous claims ("Canada's tallest building!") and all that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back