News   Jun 27, 2024
 376     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 432     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 444     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
/\ But there's no shopping under the 1BE site.

I know there's nothing directly underneath... but I guess I'd still like a visual image of some sort of the underground mall and intersecting subway lines.

How far away are the platforms, etc. from the 1 Bloor property line. Would the southbound platform be on the other side of the wall of the 1 Bloor's P2 level, for example.

Im glad to hear that, in my little world, people have been waiting for this to fail, which is unfortunate. But their marketing hype worked. All new buildings that were launched in 07 and 08 had lineups but not even close to that extend. And they had tremendous sales and the prices people paid were huge! So it did work for them, people bought into the whole frenzy. i cant remeber off the top of my head the % of sales that they are at currently.

site update

I walked by the site yesterday and they were pouring concrete into the freshly dug trenches along the west wall of the xerox centre. Not sure the purpose of this but I suspect that it could be to provide firm footing for scaffolding which would be needed to perform work (waterproofing?) ABOVE grade, i.e. on the exposed west wall of the xerox centre.

I walked by the site yesterday and they were pouring concrete into the freshly dug trenches along the west wall of the xerox centre. Not sure the purpose of this but I suspect that it could be to provide firm footing for scaffolding which would be needed to perform work (waterproofing?) ABOVE grade, i.e. on the exposed west wall of the xerox centre.

Good guess.

Christopher Hume in Toronto Star (March 5, 09)

"A NEW SQUARE AT YONGE AND BLOOR: Now that the 80-storey condo on the southeast corner of Toronto's most important intersection seems to be on hold – keep your fingers crossed – let's use the site for a new public square."

Maybe they're installing park benches on those concrete filled trenches...

A really nice public park with trees and granite sidewalks would be pretty kick-ass. Just not a parking lot. Please, Jesus, Allah, Buddha (Satan? You owe me!) not a parking lot.

"A NEW SQUARE AT YONGE AND BLOOR: Now that the 80-storey condo on the southeast corner of Toronto's most important intersection seems to be on hold – keep your fingers crossed – let's use the site for a new public square."

I think we need to put Christopher Hume on hold.....

I know there's nothing directly underneath... but I guess I'd still like a visual image of some sort of the underground mall and intersecting subway lines.

How far away are the platforms, etc. from the 1 Bloor property line. Would the southbound platform be on the other side of the wall of the 1 Bloor's P2 level, for example.

AFAIK, the Yonge subway platform is directly underneath the middle of the Xerox building property. If the centre platform had been built, the new side platforms would probably abut the 1 Bloor property, but as it stands now, I'd say there's a good 20 metres between the property line and the subway structure. The Yonge subway platform actually is on a slight angle to the east as well, hence the closest point the structure is to 1BE is at the south east corner of the 14 Hayden Street lot.

There's no conflict at all with the B-D platform since that is north of Bloor Street.

A really nice public park with trees and granite sidewalks would be pretty kick-ass. Just not a parking lot. Please, Jesus, Allah, Buddha (Satan? You owe me!) not a parking lot.

If the project is put on hold, it be better if they at least did the foundation and underground parking. They could put a park on top.

People are cynical, spiteful creatures sometimes, and they love to see failure to make themselves feel better.

i'm curious how 1 Bloor East actually affects these self-loathing people. i mean do they live, work or commute within a few blocks of Bloor and Yonge on a daily basis? if their lives are not negatively impacted by whatever exists on that plot of land it's rather pointless wanting to see failure at the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back