News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 731     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was stalled, and for whatever reason youy read more into statements then is there, I have no idea what else to say. I didn't say it was a failure, just that it got cut back because sales were stalled ($250 million in sales claimed for quite a while). Hopefully this project takes the cue and goes to beat it *end of statement*

"Why is everyone so obsessed with the exact height of every building?"

Not everyone is. But a lot of people on this board are skyscraper afficionados and building heights are important to them. Trump would have been Canada's only building topping 1000 feet- a 'supertall'.

I would welcome the redesign of BloorE. It would be good if they could do something a little more interesting with the podium. A lit crown would be a welcome addition as well as building tops are generally not that exciting in TO at night.

I agree....I've always wished we had something that so familiar and dynamic as the light beam in Montreal at Place Ville Marie. It would be great to have something like a frickin laser beam lol or something else that becomes synonymous with Toronto....and especially located at the centre of it all.

^ It's called the CN Tower, dude. Not sure how you missed that one.
(Yes, yes, building/tower, blah, blah...)

^ It's called the CN Tower, dude. Not sure how you missed that one.
(Yes, yes, building/tower, blah, blah...)

Thank you. I'm always amazed at how Canadians have bought into all that American propaganda about what counts as a building. 1815ft--now that's a supertall.

a lot of people on this board are skyscraper afficionados and building heights are important to them.

I love skyscrapers too. But fussing over feet and inches and arbitrary distinctions regarding which exact height deserves which status is silly. Would anyone here want the Toronto Star building at 1000ft? Height matters, but only so much.

Nice reference to Place Ville Marie. Its amazing that very few new buildings, even with a clean slate, can match the PVM's grandure and simple elegance. That's really an icon, totally original!

I'm not so obsessed with the heights, except for milestones, like the 1000 ft of the original Trump. At such a high-profile location, I would hope the 1BE would be quite exciting.

i think because of its surroundings 1be will look more imposing than any
of the buildings in the financial district.same with aura.

i think because of its surroundings 1be will look more imposing than any
of the buildings in the financial district.same with aura.

Except that when 1 Bloor is finished that area will be home to a lot more development. That area is changing fast!

The fastest changing area by far is the College /Gerrard area between Bay and Yonge.

From 2004; built, in construction, or in sales.

3 ROCP towers

2 Met Towers

3 Murano Towers

1 Lumaire 30+ building in sales on the east side of Bay south of Gerrard.

That is a total of nine towers, one close to 800ft. two over 500ft. three over 400ft. and three over 300ft. That will be a dramatic change to the area and certainly to the skyline.

Anything built at Yonge & Bloor should be big. It's at the intersection of the Yonge line and the Bloor line. Go big or go home!

I doubt a 1000 footer will get built, though I'd wish it would.

And personally, I certainly do dislike having the title "newbie" on here. Wish we could have transferred our post counts. Sure I hadn't wracked up 1000s, but I had my 100s.

The 2nd design by the new owners is the best design.. so far. The original tower with that weird off centre cap looked like something from marvel comics.

Isn't a whelp a kind of shellfish- a bottom feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back