News   Jun 21, 2024
 3.6K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will reserve / hold off stating 'Construction Is Now Underway' until something more substantial happens on site ... further please note the following according to the City of Toronto Building Application Status Website:

Application#: 08 201447 SHO 00 PP
Accepted Date: Sep 9, 2008
Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res ... Partial Permit - Shoring
Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 4 sty podium consisting of retail and hotel/residential area & 5 levels of below grade parking. NOTE: Future 77 sty tower to follow as PHASE 2.

How long does it take the city to update the website?

from my phone:

photo.jpg

1photo.jpg

I just had a talk with an Ellis-Don whitehat at Yonge & Bloor, so let me put you out of your misery. First of all the recent activity is to waterproof the base of the Xerox building. I asked him when they expect to start construction on 1BE and he said a couple of months. He also said they expect to be there for 4 years.

That's the smallest dumpster I've ever seen at a project site. Ellis Don must be composting the rest.

I just had a talk with an Ellis-Don whitehat at Yonge & Bloor, so let me put you out of your misery. First of all the recent activity is to waterproof the base of the Xerox building. I asked him when they expect to start construction on 1BE and he said a couple of months. He also said they expect to be there for 4 years.

Instead of seeing this as bad news for the project, perhaps we should see it as good news, as Ellis-Don is now undertaking some necessary work prior to commencement of drilling and shoring.:rolleyes:

the recent activity is to waterproof the base of the Xerox building.

Sounds fishy, I dont know which one is the Xerox building, but if it is on the lot line of this complex, it would make more sense to do this work when the big dig is going down for 1BE than right now. Are they going to backfill it when finished?

It's the building on the east side of property line, where the Presentation Center is located.

Sounds fishy, I dont know which one is the Xerox building, but if it is on the lot line of this complex, it would make more sense to do this work when the big dig is going down for 1BE than right now.

Or maybe it does make more sense to get it out of the way now. Xerox's foundations are only one level deep. (well, subway not included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back