1.6K     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was a Rastafarian...

reporterdonpeat 10:17am via Twitter Web Client
"Was Bill Davis a conservative? I thought he was a Liberal" Cllr Doug Ford on former Premier Bill Davis.

So the Ford's are Canadian Tea Party flag bearers.

Good to know.

I don't think this is Doug reacting to upcoming news. Seems like it's just Doug talking shit in response to reporter's questions, which happens pretty much every day he actually shows up to work.

I don't think this is Doug reacting to upcoming news. Seems like it's just Doug talking shit in response to reporter's questions, which happens pretty much every day he actually shows up to work.

Agree. He's just shooting off his mouth. Again. I can't wait until this guy is gone.

As a gay male, I can say this much: If Mikey is gay, then I can have some sympathy for him for no other reason than he's stuck with that hideous Ford DNA. That alone will ensure he's not in for an happy time of it in our youth and beauty-focused community...though I suppose there won't be any lack of gold diggers waiting to sink their claws into him in the delusional hopes of getting hold of some quick, easy cash. As if his family would ever allow that.

Likewise, since he always has that perpetual deer-in-the-headlights expression plastered on his lumpy face, I can sympathise with him based on the fact that he (usually) doesn't look like he wants to be there. If he is being coerced into this by his thug family, and if he really doesn't want any part of their political ambitions, then, yes, I can feel for the poor dummy. It's an unenviable position to say the least.

But aren't these dangerous assumptions to make? He was raised in the Ford family so isn't it just as likely that he's just every bit as nasty and entitled as his brutish uncles and vicious harridan of a grandmother? And even if he's not as bad as the rest of them, does he honestly deserve that benefit of the doubt? Even if he's being forced, he's still going along with whatever crackpot scheme they're cooking up. At the bare minimum, it looks like they're trying to extend the Ford politcial "dynasty," a little gameplan that I think most of us would prefer to see thwarted. So isn't it fair to say that anyone who starts weeping about how bad poor widdle Mikey has it is just playing into their hands? And isn't that precisely the sort of "high-minded" attitude that's gotten us into this mess to begin with?

I just saw the front cover of the Toronto Sun and I feel ill. I didn't read the article but if Mikey can be in first place without even opening his mouth once, something is seriously wrong with Etobicoke. How do these people know this kid isn't dumb as a rock or seriously messed up, if they haven't heard a word from him? It just blows my mind how a whole riding could be so blinded by the name Ford, that they'd vote for anyone in that family, without knowing what that person is about. The guy is 20 years old for Christ's sake and with no accomplishments or involvement with politics or the community. How has this kid proven himself or even justified his ability to do the job? (or even communicate on a competent level) I'm just appalled!

Torontovibe puts it rather well there, but in addition: Suppose for a moment that a political rival of the Fords came from anywhere near as toxic a background as Mikey does. Can you imagine the sort of things they'd be saying about him? For crying out loud, Mikey's mother is a drug addict and a shoplifter, and his father is a convicted murderer. Does anyone here think for a second that Slob and Thug would hesitate to trumpet those facts every chance they got? Or that their media stenographers would fail to provide them with a platform to do so?

So why on earth are we still wringing our hands and blubbering about being "fair" to a member of the Ford family? Mikey could be comparitively innocent, yes. Anything's possible. But that's a dangerous assumption to make, and by this stage in the game, I really don't think they deserve any such courtesy. They've long since eliminated any rights they had to that expectation. Fuck 'em.

That's the standard Doug Ford procedure for talking to the media. Throw a bunch of shit at the wall, see what sticks. Including vague accusations and half-assed threats.

You can tell when you listen to him that he really doesn't care what he says because he never means any of it and he'll say anything if he feels he's expected to say it.

A prime example is when he was asked about Rob's post-'rehab' aftercare. It was obvious he had no clue what that meant or whether Rob was receiving any, but he winged it: 'Is that something I'm supposed to say something about? Oh, okay. Yeah, sure, Rob's getting aftercare. Totally'.

Doug can't force poor not-so-little MiFo do do anything against his will. He is over the age of 18 and a free man.

Did MiFo inherit Ward 2, or did Ward 2 inherit MiFo? Depends on your point of view, I suppose.

Rob and Doug are both bullies and I think it could be difficult to stand up to them.

Doug can't force poor not-so-little MiFo do do anything against his will. He is over the age of 18 and a free man.

I'm not so sure about that. Who controls his access to the family's money? It isn't his mother. That can be a powerful motivator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back