210     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 866     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 547     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a longtime resident of Etobicoke I am frustrated by the Fords, but equally frustrated by the generalizations by the rest of Toronto about Etobicoke. Please remember Ward 2 is 1 Ward out of how many in Etobicoke? Seriously folks, Ford couldn't get elected in his own ward which is why he ran in 2. Not all Etobicoke residents are disenfranchised and angry.

I'm from Scarborough and I feel the same way when they blame all of us.

A little sideways but with all of Robbie's genuflecting to subways, and tirades on LRVs and Eglinton Connects...

Will new streetcars, in the end, be motorists’ friend?
They’re a mile long, alright, but the big load they carry will free up space on city streets

http://www.thestar.com/news/insight..._will_new_streetcars_be_motorists_friend.html

I am primarily a driver and I am going to avoid streets with these streetcars. I am not sure they will attract new riders, most people I know just hate public transit. If I worked downtown I'd take TTC but so many people I know still drive even though it's horrible. A lot of people simply don't like crowds.

It's really kind of awful for this Dieter guy, no matter how aggrieved he may be, to just kind of light a fuse like that. It's also kind of awful for his 'Unkies' to be using the 20yr old Manchild as a sock puppet/placeholder-just-in-case. They put him in this unenviable position. Given how internet rumours spread like wild fire though tinder on the forest floor, #topoli and elsewhere will pick this up and it will likely be most unpleasant.

I feel the same way. I am not sure he should be outing Mikey but the Fords also shouldn't be putting him in this position. He's going to be eaten alive by anti-Fordians.

Last edited:
What if the MiFo placeholder thing isn't about this election but as an in case Rob loses thing? Mike wins ward 2, rib loses mayor, mike resigns, Rob runs in a bi-election?
(Has this been mentioned before?)

What if the MiFo placeholder thing isn't about this election but as an in case Rob loses thing? Mike wins ward 2, rib loses mayor, mike resigns, Rob runs in a bi-election?

I wonder how Mikey was working out at Deco? Would Ward 2 be considered a demotion?

If Uncle Robbie needs their local fiefdom back, Mikey can excuse himself. ( Urgently needed at Deco, Camp Kandalore, whatever. )

"If I'm in the lead without any media interviews or talking to residents...I'll just head to Florida. Lemme know if I won."
https://twitter.com/FordNephew/status/498630015655751682

View attachment 31073
https://twitter.com/TO_Resident/status/498625495341465600/photo/1

"Ford keeps chirping he's the only candidate w experience & a proven track record. Where does that leave @MichaelFordTO?"
https://twitter.com/SmartMariaF/status/498647548698316800

Last edited:
Not rubbed out I mean some unwell person deciding to put him out o his misery. Meh I don't think outing people is a good thing. No matter how mean people are, it all comes from deep issues and who knows how his uncles will abuse him if they find out. They may not just use it - they haven't been smart enough to be strategic so far

Yep. Mifo being straight or gay to me is a big fat 'who cares'. People like Iola Fortino may at best pray mifo's gay away, or stop supporting the Fords and find another crackpot cause to support. Some nutbar may try to hurl insults, the extreme ones may even threaten violence. But as long as Mifo is under Rodofo's tent, the chances of that are probably low. I can see a very hypocritical hypothetical Rodofo press rants saying, "well Mifo is not gay, he's all man. But if he is gay, which he isn't, you won't find him in ass-less chaps parading around in a feather boa making out with a bear biker in public, wasting taxpayers money. He's one of the 'good' homersekshuals!' But he's not gay, and he respects taxpayers. And we appreciate his service as a pilot which makes us very sad to announce that Mifo is stepping down as council candidate, to allow Rob to run in ward 2."

They are dumb enough to try it - but I can imagine a whole city turning out to campaign for the potential poll leader that would replace a Ford during a bi-election. Pretty insulting when you think about it.

Last edited:
Yep. Mifo being straight or gay to me is a big fat 'who cares'. People like Iola Fortino may at best pray mifo's gay away, or stop supporting the Fords and find another crackpot cause to support. Some nutbar may try to hurl insults, the extreme ones may even threaten violence. But as long as Mifo is under Rodofo's tent, the chances of that are probably low. I can see a very hypocritical hypothetical Rodofo press rants saying, "well Mifo is not gay, he's all man. But if he is gay, which he isn't, you won't find him in ass-less chaps parading around in a feather boa making out with a bear biker in public, wasting taxpayers money. He's one of the 'good' homersekshuals!' But he's not gay, and he respects taxpayers. And we appreciate his service as a pilot which makes us very sad to announce that Mifo is stepping down as council candidate, to allow Rob to run in ward 2."

+1 bahahaha

Last edited:
It's really kind of awful for this Dieter guy, no matter how aggrieved he may be, to just kind of light a fuse like that. It's also kind of awful for his 'Unkies' to be using the 20yr old Manchild as a sock puppet/placeholder-just-in-case. They put him in this unenviable position. Given how internet rumours spread like wild fire though tinder on the forest floor, #topoli and elsewhere will pick this up and it will likely be most unpleasant.

Agreed, true or not, Dieter could have kept his trap shut. On the other hand, it's okay in FN to be outed as a crack smoking gang affiliated thug but not as a gay man.

Last edited:
As a longtime resident of Etobicoke I am frustrated by the Fords, but equally frustrated by the generalizations by the rest of Toronto about Etobicoke. Please remember Ward 2 is 1 Ward out of how many in Etobicoke? Seriously folks, Ford couldn't get elected in his own ward which is why he ran in 2. Not all Etobicoke residents are disenfranchised and angry.

There are 6 wards in Etobicoke. Try comparing any of the councillors and their voting histories to those representing progressive areas like old Toronto. They are all lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back