News   Mar 28, 2024
 598     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 433     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 762     0 

Brampton: Mt. Pleasant Mobility Hub

It could be an interesting project. Amongst the highlights are the reconstruction of the abandoned Brampton CP Station, moved from Queen and the CP (now OBRY) tracks for a new library. It´s a bit far out there, surrounded by new and planned typical 905 sprawl, so I´m not sure it would work.

It could be an interesting project. Amongst the highlights are the reconstruction of the abandoned Brampton CP Station, moved from Queen and the CP (now OBRY) tracks for a new library. It´s a bit far out there, surrounded by new and planned typical 905 sprawl, so I´m not sure it would work.

I think the idea is to go in a different direction to avoid it being "typical sprawl"

I'll believe that when I see it.

Ah the dilema of a suburban politician......build sprawl and here about it or try something different and just have no one believe that you care about anything other than sprawl!!!!

It's not the politicians so much as developers.

The result will be the same. I am uncertain as to whether I feel positive at this development might 'change the nature' of sprawl in this area or negative because it is just a continuation of the sprawl which can be seen directly across the street from the station.

The result will be the same. I am uncertain as to whether I feel positive at this development might 'change the nature' of sprawl in this area or negative because it is just a continuation of the sprawl which can be seen directly across the street from the station.

But don't they have to start somewhere? Isn't using a GO station with some greenfields around it the perfect place to experiment with a new approach?

Need I remind you that this is the same Brampton which hasn't built a single on-street bike lane as per their 2003 plan?

Need I remind you that this is the same Brampton which hasn't built a single on-street bike lane as per their 2003 plan?

some of us do not view lack of spending scarce resources on underused bike lanes that much of a negative.

I'm sceptical as well because GO has already built a huge parking lot and all around the station we've seen nothing but typical Brampton low density detached housing.

I don't think the goal was ever to build a car free neighbourhood but, rather, to build one where people do not have to rely on cars one where car free is an option. That GO station will still have to serve people/commuters from outside the commuter hub...that GO station already has full parking lots now and the hub is just in the planning stages......again, these issues/ideas are never just black and white...ginger or marie anne type decisions.

So that new one on Rutherford Road is not part of the 2003 bike plan?

some of us do not view lack of spending scarce resources on underused bike lanes that much of a negative.

Thanks for showing exactly why I'm not believing this plan. The electorate doesn't want spending of precious precious money on sidewalks or bike lanes, or anything that's not for their car, because they're "underused". With an electorate like this, what makes you think Brampton would successfully build this plan?

Back