News   Mar 18, 2024
 668     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 752     0 

St Lawrence Market

The former building that housed the Starbucks (a couple of years ago) on south-west corner of King and George has been for rent for ages. Today I see the building is for sale. I had actually assumed the whole block had been 'assembled' but maybe not (yet!). I think this may be worth watching.

EDIT. Realtor is Site Lines Realty but the sale is not noted on their website.
So much potential on that block, its insane how underutilized it is. Did that building suffer some structural damage?

So much potential on that block, its insane how underutilized it is. Did that building suffer some structural damage?
There was a fire, in Starbucks. While repairing that the owner found lots of issues, which were, supposedly, fixed. Clearly, sooner than later we will see a facedectomy, the only question is how big. Will in include the Coras and that parking lot.

What was Urban Barn on the south side of King between Sherbourne and Princess is about to reopen as "The Chesterfield Shop"

EDIT: I think it's a part of this chain. Hopefully they come up with something a little less garish for the signage, like Leon's did at the roundhouse, but otherwise it's better than another pot shop or a vacant storefront.

What was Urban Barn on the south side of King between Sherbourne and Princess is about to reopen as "The Chesterfield Shop"

EDIT: I think it's a part of this chain. Hopefully they come up with something a little less garish for the signage, like Leon's did at the roundhouse, but otherwise it's better than another pot shop or a vacant storefront.
I live in this building and im quite disappointed at another furniture shop in the neighbourhood, especially one that looks like it belongs in a suburban strip mall.

I walked by today and the logo is up in the door or window. It is exactly as garish as its name would make you think. Still, better than another pot shop!
Not sure about that. I think with the two across the street there would have been a nice opportunity for a "pot district"

• Haha
Reactions: DSC
Perfect! Whoever wants to meet me there, first 0.5g pre-roll on me :)
Also one at the former Oliva at Front & Frederick. Seems like over-kill to me and many will not survive but... Still a great pity that the AGCO regulations insist on no visibility into pot shops from the street; is selling pot really 'worse' than selling wine, alcohol or beer?? Opaque shop-fronts are not good!

There was a fire, in Starbucks. While repairing that the owner found lots of issues, which were, supposedly, fixed. Clearly, sooner than later we will see a facedectomy, the only question is how big. Will in include the Coras and that parking lot.

Actually I think the fire started in one of the connected offices/building(?) south of that Starbucks. My memory is a bit hazy as I haven't walked by in a long while, but I recall at least 3 businesses having to close down.

Actually I think the fire started in one of the connected offices/building(?) south of that Starbucks. My memory is a bit hazy as I haven't walked by in a long while, but I recall at least 3 businesses having to close down.
No, the fire was from the rear of the Starbucks and it spread down George. One of the neighbours told me that the coffee machine was 'wired wrongly and over-heated' but I do not know for sure.

No, the fire was from the rear of the Starbucks and it spread down George. One of the neighbours told me that the coffee machine was 'wired wrongly and over-heated' but I do not know for sure.

Espresso machines can be deadly. If not cleaned properly they can burn or hit some pretty high pressure on the steamer.

Member Motion going to Council today next week, concerning the streetscape facelift for Colborne Street to be funded by the 65 King development.

The motion expands the scope of work to include Colborne Lane and Leader Lane.

1625838410812.png

Last edited:
Member Motion going to Council today concerning the streetscape facelift for Colborne Street to be funded by the 65 King development.

The motion expands the scope of work to include Colborne Lane and Leader Lane.

View attachment 333741
It is actually going to Council NEXT week but is certainly good news and the timeline should allow the City time to look at the motion LAST month regarding closing the southern part of Leader Lane to vehicles.

Back