Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
It bothers me that the announcement starts with "customer safety" when this was designed a decade before coronavirus. If you buy the height of government manipulation these days you are the problem! This opening has zero to do with customer safety and the government should be ashamed for even including that nonsense in this announcement, nevermind leading with it.
I think your 'outrage meter' is set a bit too high. The new terminal IS safer for passengers because the buses are completely separated from passengers wandering around and it is inside. and climate controlled. Their announcement makes no mention of coronavirus.

I would think there's an element of security there

They've could've created something with much more visibility than what was built.

Don't the walls there have viewing windows?

They're very small and require walking right up to them to see anything. It would be nice to be able to see the streetcars from the side walk/road.

Reactions: max
Ethical question. Should I take a GO Bus on Saturday to use the new terminal or does that go against the spirit of lockdown?
If you do not need to travel you should stay home. The new GO bus terminal will be there for a while.

Ethical question #2: If I take my bicycle out for a spin this Saturday, the way I always do, and I simply happen to cycle past this new terminal and take a quick peeksy at it, does that go against the spirit of the lockdown?

Ethical question #2: If I take my bicycle out for a spin this Saturday, the way I always do, and I simply happen to cycle past this new terminal and take a quick peeksy at it, does that go against the spirit of the lockdown?
No, you are outside (unless your peeksy makes you cycle in!). If one is simply going anywhere (esp indoors) as a 'tourist' you probably should stay home. The basic idea is to avoid crowds and avoid making a crowd larger!

No, you are outside (unless your peeksy makes you cycle in!). If one is simply going anywhere (esp indoors) as a 'tourist' you probably should stay home. The basic idea is to avoid crowds and avoid making a crowd larger!
My hypothetical plan was always to pretend that my tiny blue bicycle is in fact a giant green double-decker Go bus, so I could just ride into the terminal from the perspective of a go bus and disappear before anyone caught wind of my peeksy. I know I'd be walking a few ethical and legal lines there, but remember: this was always just a hypothetical plan. Or was it?...

Reactions: DSC
My hypothetical plan was always to pretend that my tiny blue bicycle is in fact a giant green double-decker Go bus, so I could just ride into the terminal from the perspective of a go bus and disappear before anyone caught wind of my peeksy. I know I'd be walking a few ethical and legal lines there, but remember: this was always just a hypothetical plan. Or was it?...

I once drove my tiny blue hatchback through the bus bays at Scarborough Town Centre. Totally by accident, but I don't think anyone noticed. Go for it.

Back