News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 617     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

TV Show: Heroes

Peter looked pretty hot all half naked in that container! *rawr*

The episode was a really good setup for the season ahead. I can't wait to see what happens!

Agreed. But I was pretty happy about his long hair too.

Next week: more new "heros" are introduced. But after this week I think I know what power I'd want... that new guy who can turn metal into gold has a pretty stellar power. Although I'd still take Matt's power anyday.

my review posted in another forum...

alright so how many loose ends are in the beginning of this season? i lost count. but that's what i love about this show. that it all resolves at the end, or close to it.

big wtf at the end with peter.

bit wtf with nathan lol. guess it runs in the family.

that guy who turns anything into gold has a cool power.

parkman's a cheater ;)

molly is wicked. she's such a good actress for her age.

i love how bennet took all that verbal abuse and just blew up in the end. total PWNAGE!

wats with those two new characters. her power is to put bullets in ppl's heads?!

hiro going back in time was a bit meh. yeh he changed the timeline and so on but...i don't know. maybe he'll go after the swordsman daughter and becomes the real Takezo Kensei.

anyway, can't wait to see sylar and the haitian again.

Got into Heros over the summer via the magic of marathon DVD watching.

Last night's premiere was a good set-up for the season. I'm looking forward to the three major new mysteries - who is offing the original 9? who is Mr. Scary eyes? And what happened to Peter and Nathan? I guess lesser questions include: has Hiro wrecked the past? and what is Maya's power of death?

Overall, the new season should be great. I'm wondering if something crazy happened to Peter and Nathan and they somehow switched personalities or identities during the explosion. Nathan did look at himself in the mirror and saw a brutalized face of Peter (shades of Nikki/Jessica there). And Peter is clean cut all of a sudden...

oh fuck..i get it.

The Haitian took Nathan's/Peter's memory?...... or Peter took the Haitians Power and took Nathan's memory
Peter is disguised as Nathan?
Nathan is disguised as Peter?
That explains the brutalized face and Peter in the box with no memory.
Peter/Nathan also absorbed Nikki's power..thats why he can see his brother in the Mirror... interesting.
Who is the guy with the Eyes???'( that must be skylar?)
Who killed Hiro's Dad? - slylar would have showed his face, he is so arrogant.

THe boogieman is the Haitian???????????

Wouldn't it be funny if the Haitian turned out to be the most powerful one on the show?

Started in the early 70s, a group of people with special abilities slowly banded together to work to change the world for good. Starting with Linderman and Petrelli, then including Angela Petrelli. Kaito Nakamura would most likely have had at some point an Ivy League education, and probably became known to them through that, before he was made aware of his family legacy but after he had discovered his power. At some point, Robert Parkman and Charles Deveaux would also have joined. Keep in mind that the powers that these people possessed while amazingly strong in their own way are largely indirect. Linderman heals, Charles has a sort of clairvoyant astral projection dream thing going on, etc. I think Robert Parkman's power is much like Matt's, but way more developed, or communicative. While these people initially gathered to change the world for good, decades of setbacks and the feeling of ineffectiveness worked to largely weaken the incentive toward the common goal and these individually wealthy and powerful individuals with their own personal concerns and ambitions began to work from the elevated position of the group toward their own ends. For a large time, some of them stayed true to the cause but once it became apparent that the group had fallen apart, all began to focus more on their families and their own position in the world.

To the man that knew the minds of all of them, though, an educated strategic thinker, the need for an assortment of contingency plans would have become apparent. Such a person would be aware of the emergence of evolved humans increasing, would be interested in Chandra Suresh's research. Suresh's daughter coming down with a degenerative cellular disease that led to the discovery of these changes in the genome would have been of huge concern to Robert Parkman. Knowing that people with powers already exist and have for at least a few decades, the implications of Shanti's condition as a potential weapon or deterrent would be obvious. Maybe obvious enough to abduct her and fake her death, not hard to do in an Indian hospital. If the other known members of the group are any indication, parkman has _vast_ discretionary resources available to him without the knowledge of the other members. It's not unlikely that he could engineer Shanti's condition as a weaponised virus, and now it makes sense how Molly came down with the condition.

Primatech, which as far as I can tell is Linderman's gig, has Molly. Linderman, now having her ability at his disposal wants to check up on his old friend Bob. He asks molly to find him, but when she looks for him, he can see right back at her. He hears her thoughts, maybe even those near her. He knows what she can do and who has her, and that he'll never be safe if her ability exists. He (somehow, probably by infiltrating a double agent or something) infects her with the virus, disabling her ability. I think somewhere around this point he decides to make a bid for power, and the upcoming attacks on people from this generation (and the haitian's virus) are part of of this bid for power.

I'm also getting the feeling that the connection between Mohinder and Shanti is similar to the connection between Maya and Alejandro, maybe the virus affecting specials is like the one maya and alejandro put out that affects normal people, but the ability isn't fully formed, or was broken because shanti wasn't a twin, and poisoned her. Alejandro sort of regulates maya's ability or provides her with the cure or something, like how mohinder's blood cures molly/shanti's disease.

So I propose that Mohinder actually has a power, the twin of Shanti's so it wouldn't be noticable. I bet he's never even tested himself. And theres also a fairly good chance that Shanti is still being kept alive in a lab churning out virus for Bob somewhere.

hiro going back in time was a bit meh. yeh he changed the timeline and so on but...i don't know. maybe he'll go after the swordsman daughter and becomes the real Takezo Kensei.

I think you're on to something there... Remember when he talked to Peter in the 1st season, and he was wearing all that stuff with the sword and everything?

u mean when he stopped time and talked to peter in the subway car?

oh fuck..i get it.

The Haitian took Nathan's/Peter's memory?...... or Peter took the Haitians Power and took Nathan's memory
Peter is disguised as Nathan?
Nathan is disguised as Peter?
That explains the brutalized face and Peter in the box with no memory.
Peter/Nathan also absorbed Nikki's power..thats why he can see his brother in the Mirror... interesting.
Who is the guy with the Eyes???'( that must be skylar?)
Who killed Hiro's Dad? - slylar would have showed his face, he is so arrogant.

THe boogieman is the Haitian???????????

Wouldn't it be funny if the Haitian turned out to be the most powerful one on the show?

Started in the early 70s, a group of people with special abilities slowly banded together to work to change the world for good. Starting with Linderman and Petrelli, then including Angela Petrelli. Kaito Nakamura would most likely have had at some point an Ivy League education, and probably became known to them through that, before he was made aware of his family legacy but after he had discovered his power. At some point, Robert Parkman and Charles Deveaux would also have joined. Keep in mind that the powers that these people possessed while amazingly strong in their own way are largely indirect. Linderman heals, Charles has a sort of clairvoyant astral projection dream thing going on, etc. I think Robert Parkman's power is much like Matt's, but way more developed, or communicative. While these people initially gathered to change the world for good, decades of setbacks and the feeling of ineffectiveness worked to largely weaken the incentive toward the common goal and these individually wealthy and powerful individuals with their own personal concerns and ambitions began to work from the elevated position of the group toward their own ends. For a large time, some of them stayed true to the cause but once it became apparent that the group had fallen apart, all began to focus more on their families and their own position in the world.

To the man that knew the minds of all of them, though, an educated strategic thinker, the need for an assortment of contingency plans would have become apparent. Such a person would be aware of the emergence of evolved humans increasing, would be interested in Chandra Suresh's research. Suresh's daughter coming down with a degenerative cellular disease that led to the discovery of these changes in the genome would have been of huge concern to Robert Parkman. Knowing that people with powers already exist and have for at least a few decades, the implications of Shanti's condition as a potential weapon or deterrent would be obvious. Maybe obvious enough to abduct her and fake her death, not hard to do in an Indian hospital. If the other known members of the group are any indication, parkman has _vast_ discretionary resources available to him without the knowledge of the other members. It's not unlikely that he could engineer Shanti's condition as a weaponised virus, and now it makes sense how Molly came down with the condition.

Primatech, which as far as I can tell is Linderman's gig, has Molly. Linderman, now having her ability at his disposal wants to check up on his old friend Bob. He asks molly to find him, but when she looks for him, he can see right back at her. He hears her thoughts, maybe even those near her. He knows what she can do and who has her, and that he'll never be safe if her ability exists. He (somehow, probably by infiltrating a double agent or something) infects her with the virus, disabling her ability. I think somewhere around this point he decides to make a bid for power, and the upcoming attacks on people from this generation (and the haitian's virus) are part of of this bid for power.

I'm also getting the feeling that the connection between Mohinder and Shanti is similar to the connection between Maya and Alejandro, maybe the virus affecting specials is like the one maya and alejandro put out that affects normal people, but the ability isn't fully formed, or was broken because shanti wasn't a twin, and poisoned her. Alejandro sort of regulates maya's ability or provides her with the cure or something, like how mohinder's blood cures molly/shanti's disease.

So I propose that Mohinder actually has a power, the twin of Shanti's so it wouldn't be noticable. I bet he's never even tested himself. And theres also a fairly good chance that Shanti is still being kept alive in a lab churning out virus for Bob somewhere.

http://www.haydenpanettierefans.com/gallery/hayden-panettiere-in-a-thong/

nah no armor. his hair was tied back and he had his sword. he was wearing dark civilian clothes as i recall. and spoke with no accent ;)

^^ Future Hiro was revisited in the episode that took place in the alternate future that would have happened if Hiro and crew had been unable to stop the exploding man (i.e. Peter).

Recall that when Future Hiro stopped time in the Subway early in the first season to talk to Peter he referenced Peter 'looking different without the scar'. Flash ahead 15 or so episodes to the one that takes place in the future. This future was the one what was planned to happen if Hiro hadn't completed his mission to go back in time and warn Peter to (not sure this needs repeating) "save the cheerleader, save the world." In that future, the Cheerleader had not been saved and the bomb did go off. Hiro takes up cause and Peter has a scar. However, that future never came to pass. Hiro's mission was a success and Sylar was killed. In essence, Hiro did frack (I'm really exposing my inner TV geek in this post) up the timeline, but it was a timeline that had not yet happened.

With Hiro going back in time now he may actually be fufilling history by assuming the legendary role of Kensie himself. It seems fairly clear that Hiro is actually the hero Kensie that he learned all about as a child. His actions may infact guarantee that the timeline remains in tact. The other option, of course, is that his travel back to fuedal Japan will have consequences in the future, consequences that have already affected the current timeline that is introduced just after Sylar was defeated and Peter and Nathan when ka-boom.

I'm still holding to my theory that Nathan and Peter have somehow switched identities and that Adrian Pastar is now playing the role of Peter and Milo V... is playing Nathan - or at least that is the over simplified way of looking at it. I also do not believe the assassin that killed Hiro's father is Sylar. Rather, someone else who helped form 'The Company' - could be the invisible man, the haitian or yet another unknown person. Perhaps a parent of one of our resident heros - Parkman's father or the very-much-alive Petrelli father. The theme of the season is "generations" afterall. But I have nothing to base any of this on other then my inner-TV geek who will return to his dormant state. Inner-planning geek shall resurface soon.

The Haitian is really powerful...but is he on the side of good or bad ( I believe he has the ability to be at least as powerful as skylar..if not Peter) - He has not revealed all his powers..taking memories of people would mean he could use those memories at a later date.

Another powerful one is Alandero (Maya's Brother) he has the abilty to dampen the power of heros as well.

I'm BACK! Anyone missed me? :D

I love Hero. But I HATE HATE HATE Hiro. He's the worst thing on this show. Bad acting, childish, non-sense storylines that lead to nowhere...wish they'd kill him off...but too bad that so many fans love him...yuck! And the actor himself is worse! Always trying to standout in public from the group, sucking the spotlight out of other casts. What a mediawhore he can be...

Love the Petrellie family...hope the show can focus more on their stories...esp Peter...complicated character that needs to be developed more. But too bad the show focus too much on the silly Hiro's non sense storyline that goes nowhere...cause he's "poopolar"...oh excuse me...

I am all for Sylar! He's not evil, he just has issues. Nothin like a hot, brain-eating dude. I hope he dines on them all! ALL, I say! Maawww-haw-haw (that was an evil laugh...no, really it was.)

Back