News   May 08, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.8K     3 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Yeah, although I missed the earlier mention of it in this thread....just thought it was funny that they were moving back to almost their original location when I saw the hoarding yesterday..

Last edited:
Checked out Massimo Dutti. It's okay, but sizing is surprisingly generous for a European brand. Maybe they're catering to North American sizing. :(

Anyone know who's taking over the current Sephora spot?

Hoarding is going up around Old Navy this morning. Not sure if the store will close or be renovated.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but according to Toronto Life, J.Crew opens on October 3. TopShop and Ann Taylor that week as well.

Checked out J. Crew tonight. I forgot what a preppy overload it is. OK for basics, I suppose, although I wish the prices were lower.

Also went by the Topshop/Topman shop at The Bay (you could easily see behind the curtains at the finished shop, opening Thursday). The Bay is really coming around at creating separate shopping spaces for each designer/brand in both men's and womenswear, as well as shops within the store, such as the Coach and Burberry accessories shops on the main floor. Nice to see them investing in ongoing improvements to the store.

They really don't have any choice with Nordies coming.

To their credit, they started this well before the Nordstrom's announcement.

It's interesting seeing a return to an older concept of department store. It used to be more common for various vendors to lease out space in department stores, such that the electronics department, for instance, would be an entirely different merchant than the menswear merchant with neither actually owned by the department store itself.

I was impressed by Topman @ The Bay, good selection and styles. J Crew was predictable and disappointing. The sweaters that I saw on their website and actually wanted to buy were not available in store. All we need now is for Forever 21 to expand their men's section. After seeing their multi-storey shop in NYC and selection online, it's really ridiculous how little they offer for men in their Eaton Centre store.

Last edited:
Ann Taylor had their press preview/opening party last night (they open to the public today). Some pictures, including a video of AT's design head speaking to attendees can be found on my site.

Back