News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 367     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 940     1 

Toronto Eaton Centre

So Sephora is moving into Harry's current space when they move out, but anyone know who's taking over Sephora's current space?

Shoppers Drug Mart is now open in the new space beside Richtree. Contrary to previous discussion, there doesn't seem to be any access to the street level above, at least for the public. It's a one level store, and actually seems smaller than the previous space. The aisles are much narrower.

Express will be moving into the old Shoppers space. Hoarding is already up, advertising a Holiday 2012 opening date.

For whatever reason, I assumed as well that it would be similar in size to the original location. Drug stores aren't meant to be exciting of course, but it really isn't anything special.

Shoppers Drug Mart is now open in the new space beside Richtree. Contrary to previous discussion, there doesn't seem to be any access to the street level above, at least for the public. It's a one level store, and actually seems smaller than the previous space. The aisles are much narrower.

Express will be moving into the old Shoppers space. Hoarding is already up, advertising a Holiday 2012 opening date.

The parking garages at the Eaton Centre (there are two, Bay/Dundas Parkade located on Bay Street, South of Dundas Street, North of Queen Street, and the Yonge Parkade located on Yonge Street, entered from Shuter Street) are located OVER stores and offices. Could there be a similar situation as the Elliot Lake shopping centre? No leaks... yet.

Thanks for posting these numbers Bauhaus!

Out curiousity I googled to see how US numbers compared. I was only able to find numbers for 2009. Interesting nonetheless. Our top three are only behind Caesars in terms of sales psf.

Forum Shops at Caesars, Las Vegas, Nevada. (100 percent; $1,400*)
Ala Moana, Honolulu, Hawaii. (Occupancy rate: 95 percent*; sales per square foot: $1,125)
Mall at Millenia, Orlando, Fla. (94 percent*; $1,000)
The Mall at Short Hills, Short Hills, N.J. (94 percent*; $1,000*)
Fashion Valley Mall, San Diego, Calif. (99 percent; $810*)
Westfield Garden State Plaza, Paramus, N.J. (95 percent; $702)
Queens Center, Elmhurst, N.Y. (98 percent; $876)
Roosevelt Field, Garden City, N.Y. (96 percent; $810*)
Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco, Calif. (95 percent; $675)
Scottsdale Fashion Square, Scottsdale, Ariz. (95 percent; $618)

IluvTO: Interesting statistics concerning shopping mall rates here comparing Canada's top malls with some from the US...

I notice Roosevelt Field mentioned above-one of Long Island's oldest and largest shopping malls...7th on the list...

Queens Center-in the heart of the Borough of Queens,NYC-actually is more expensive then RF even though the demographic
that it draws is less affluent then what RF will attract...Short Hills,NJ is 3rd most expensive and tops on the East Coast of the US...

LI MIKE

As of Jan 1, 2012:
1 Pacific Centre Vancouver $1,547 psf
2 Toronto Eaton Centre Toronto $1,303 psf
3 Yorkdale Shopping Centre Toronto $1,288 psf
4 Oakridge Centre Vancouver $1,109 psf
5 Chinook Mall Calgary $1,037 psf
6 Rideau Centre Ottawa $1,016 psf
7 Sherway Gardens Etobicoke $924 psf
8 Fairview Mall Toronto $854 psf
9 Peter Pond Fort McMurray $848 psf
10 Market Mall Calgary $842 psf
11 50 Bloor Street West Toronto $815 psf
12 Polo Park Winnipeg $779 psf
13 Southgate Centre Edmonton $777 psf
14 Toronto Dominion Centre Toronto $767 psf
15 Square One Mississauga $751 psf
16 Richmond Centre (Cadillac) Vancouver $729 psf
17 Carrefour Laval Laval $695 psf
18 Centre Eaton de Montreal Montreal $683 psf
19 Park Royal Vancouver $680 psf
20 Metropolis at Metrotown Burnaby $671 psf
21 Mayfair Shopping Centre Victoria $663 psf
22 Lancaster Building Calgary $658 psf
23 Masonville Place London $654 psf
24 Bower Place Red Deer $647 psf
25 West Edmonton Mall Edmonton $638 psf

The Bay is normally not considered part of the Toronto Eaton Centre. Nor other connections such as The Atrium on Bay nor The Path.

The hoarding has come down around the new Harry Rosen, where the McDonald's used to be. Signs on the window say it's slated to open on "Wednesday". I'm assuming they mean today, so I'll drop by and take a look.

Massimo dutti is setting up shop at the eaton center. Used to buy their stuff during my trips to Europe. Their first in NA!!

Checked out the new Harry Rosen. Disappointing. Not much bigger than the old store, and not much to look at. I know Harry Rosen isn't cutting edge fashion, but their displays and merchandising seem dated-looking. Not that Holt Renfrew is the greatest model, but at least you feel like you are at a high-end fashion retailer, rather than an upgraded Tip Top.

Noticed that Sephora and True Religion Jeans are moving into the old Harry Rosen location. Which begs the question: what is going into the old Sephora location?

Also, I'm wondering when Zara is going to update their store. Bloor Street, Fairview and other locations have updated the look, and I thought the Eaton Centre store would have updated in time for Fall.

Massimo Dutti is supposed to be opening on Thursday August 30th. This is the first North American store for the chain, with Washington DC and New York City to follow.

I wouldn't get too excited about Massimo Dutti..

Also, Birks is moving across from their old location where Zara currently is

Back