News   Jul 12, 2024
 433     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 483     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 266     0 

YRT/Viva Construction Thread (Rapidways, Terminals)

Not to mention Viva will no longer run to York University, you'll have to transfer at VMC Subway Station. IMO, not very efficient.
How is the traffic on Jane in morning rush?

I've only been there after 6 pm - but I've always found Keele between 7 and Steeles (heck just between 407 and Steeles) to be a disaster in AM rush, especially when York is in full session.

If Jane is half as bad as Keele, it might be faster, even with the extra transfer!

I've only been there after 6 pm - but I've always found Keele between 7 and Steeles (heck just between 407 and Steeles) to be a disaster in AM rush, especially when York is in full session.

If Jane is half as bad as Keele, it might be faster, even with the extra transfer!
It all depends on how the fares are integrated. It probably won't be fully integrated, but at least have some refund policy involved when tapping on and off between VMC and Downsview Park. Probably won't happen soon to be honest.

It all depends on how the fares are integrated. It probably won't be fully integrated, but at least have some refund policy involved when tapping on and off between VMC and Downsview Park. Probably won't happen soon to be honest.
I don't understand? How is the traffic on Jane related to how the fares are integrated. How is the travel time related to how the fares are integrated?

Reactions: rbt
I don't understand? How is the traffic on Jane related to how the fares are integrated. How is the travel time related to how the fares are integrated?
First time seeing someone using a nested quote :eek:

Its relating to to what you said previously on my comment.

Not to mention Viva will no longer run to York University, you'll have to transfer at VMC Subway Station. IMO, not very efficient.

It's not really related to travel time, its just an extra bit related to the transfer in general.

New addition being added to Richmond Hill Centre Terminal:
Richmond Hill Centre Terminal construction
Starting March 27, Richmond Hill Centre Terminal will undergo construction for the development of a new customer service kiosk, until approximately fall 2017.

Architect Site with renders

What's the coffee station going to be? Tim Hortons, Starbucks, small chain, private?

Starting March 27, Richmond Hill Centre Terminal will undergo construction for the development of a new customer service kiosk, until approximately fall 2017.

What's the coffee station going to be? Tim Hortons, Starbucks, small chain, private?

Glad they're finally doing this. It's a fairly major terminal, and with Highway 7 West and Yonge getting rapidways it'll be getting even busier. I definitely think it justifies a customer service kiosk--hopefully they'll do Presto sales and loading here, YRT's only other official staffed location is, I think, their headquarters building, this makes way more sense as a major hub.

I actually remember they sent out a survey a while ago asking people what they'd improve here and I filled one out--I remember the point about a convenience store and coffee chain. Really good location for them now that there won't be through service on Highway 7, it'll provide a natural point for Orange-Purple passengers to use the bathroom and grab a snack/drink, load their presto card, etc. while they wait.

Glad they're finally doing this. It's a fairly major terminal, and with Highway 7 West and Yonge getting rapidways it'll be getting even busier. I definitely think it justifies a customer service kiosk--hopefully they'll do Presto sales and loading here, YRT's only other official staffed location is, I think, their headquarters building, this makes way more sense as a major hub.

I actually remember they sent out a survey a while ago asking people what they'd improve here and I filled one out--I remember the point about a convenience store and coffee chain. Really good location for them now that there won't be through service on Highway 7, it'll provide a natural point for Orange-Purple passengers to use the bathroom and grab a snack/drink, load their presto card, etc. while they wait.
I still think Viva Purple and Viva Orange should be one continuous route. The same with Viva Green and Viva Silver. But I know this will cause some logistic issues and is harder to manage, so they're going the easier route (pun intended).

Do you think that this new addition will discourage the demolition of the terminal if (when) Yonge North Subway arrives?

Too bad they chose not to enclose the entire stretch while they were at it... wouldve made the station look more complete

I still think Viva Purple and Viva Orange should be one continuous route. The same with Viva Green and Viva Silver. But I know this will cause some logistic issues and is harder to manage, so they're going the easier route (pun intended).

Do you think that this new addition will discourage the demolition of the terminal if (when) Yonge North Subway arrives?

The terminal will probably be rebuilt anyways when/if yonge north comes. one does not simply just build a terminal underneath without much structural modification

I personally prefer to relocate the cinema to Hillcrest Mall at Yonge/16th and demolish old one and build the subway station and parking structure. After visiting the new Markham Cineplex, the Silver City is way way too old and it will have parking problem in the future.

I personally prefer to relocate the cinema to Hillcrest Mall at Yonge/16th and demolish old one and build the subway station and parking structure. After visiting the new Markham Cineplex, the Silver City is way way too old and it will have parking problem in the future.
There is already a parking problem when you go on weekend nights. I agree that the cineplex should be relocated, but Hillcrest Mall doesn't feel like it has the space for it. If it were to move, it would probably rebuild the old Zellers/Target building with a large extension that almost reaches Panera Bread (or demolish that too) and build an underground parking, which is an expensive undertaking.

For the time being, SilverCity is staying where it is until something pushes it away or attracts it somewhere. Like how the Cineplex at First Markham Place moved to Downtown Markham.

Something that could push Cineplex away (forced) would be the redevelopment of all the big box stores in the High Tech/Yonge/Highway 7/Bayview area.

There is already a parking problem when you go on weekend nights. I agree that the cineplex should be relocated, but Hillcrest Mall doesn't feel like it has the space for it. If it were to move, it would probably rebuild the old Zellers/Target building with a large extension that almost reaches Panera Bread (or demolish that too) and build an underground parking, which is an expensive undertaking.

For the time being, SilverCity is staying where it is until something pushes it away or attracts it somewhere. Like how the Cineplex at First Markham Place moved to Downtown Markham.

Something that could push Cineplex away (forced) would be the redevelopment of all the big box stores in the High Tech/Yonge/Highway 7/Bayview area.

or the langstaff gateway plan...but who knows that could be how many decades away lol.

Richmond Hill Centre Terminal Platform 7-8 Closure
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1535.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1537.JPG
IMG_1539.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1535.JPG