News   May 06, 2024
 85     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 703     0 

York Region Transit: Viva service thread

They used it as an experimental trial run. They then took the lessons they learned from there (from construction issues to the handling of weather to the terrible idea of cobblestone roads) and applied what they learned to the rest of the stations as they started building them.

I agree that it's a bit of a waste at the moment, but they basically treated it as a beta station and ended up using it anyway so as to not waste it. It'll make more sense in a few years but by then we'll hopefully see the new routing that stays on Highway 7 across to Kennedy instead of going down to Enterprise (in addition to the Enterprise routing, not to replace it).

I was super excited for the cobblestones until I actually rode the bus on them...that was brutal. It's unfortunate that the busway will likely end up being asphalt or cement through the promenade for this reason.

I was super excited for the cobblestones until I actually rode the bus on them...that was brutal. It's unfortunate that the busway will likely end up being asphalt or cement through the promenade for this reason.

I see no reason why they couldn't try interlocking, aside from the obvious effect of having to maintain it every few months as it sinks and sags from the weight of the buses. Unless of course they build them properly with a solid foundation.

I'd call that a huge waste of money ... now around Downtown Markham sure, but all along 7 ? There's no point at all.

I'd call that a huge waste of money ... now around Downtown Markham sure, but all along 7 ? There's no point at all.

Oh I think we were definitely talking about only Downtown Markham. Mostly because of concept art like the one under Simcoe Promenade on this guy's blog: http://jonng.wordpress.com/2006/07/22/downtown-markham-development/

simcoe.jpg

Right makes sense, that's an ancient rendering btw ; - )

I see no reason why they couldn't try interlocking, aside from the obvious effect of having to maintain it every few months as it sinks and sags from the weight of the buses. Unless of course they build them properly with a solid foundation.

I'd be ecstatic if they were to choose interlocking.

None of the above in the rendering has bee built yet I think ? So only time will tell.

The finishing along enterprise (sidewalk beside condos) is just concrete from what I recall ?

None of the above in the rendering has bee built yet I think ? So only time will tell.

The finishing along enterprise (sidewalk beside condos) is just concrete from what I recall ?

I think the rendering is showing the transitway, not Enterprise.

Has anyone heard anything about a fare hike? Usually it goes up on January 1st like clockworks, but this time it seems to be remaining the same. Perhaps other regional fares did not increase as quick as they anticipated so they decided to hold back? The recent collapse of gas prices could have played a part too.

Either that, or they are being real bastards by not publishing any information until people discover that they don't have enough change to ride.

102D Markham road is the worst route of all time. The service is not reliable, frequency is 60 minutes on weekends, many delays, and runs slow. YRT is not doing good. Everybody hates 102D.

102D Markham road is the worst route of all time. The service is not reliable, frequency is 60 minutes on weekends, many delays, and runs slow. YRT is not doing good. Everybody hates 102D.

this is new...you create an account just to bash a route that isnt even operated by yrt....oyea nice username too

please be constructive with your comments and refrain from wasting time and bandwidth...

Back