News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.4K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 675     1 

York Region Transit: Viva service thread

So it's basically only a weekday service now? And does it only apply for Viva Blue, or Purple and Orange as well?

Last trip departure times for Viva blue from Finch GO Bus Terminal:
Weekday – 12:37 a.m.
Saturday – 12:12 a.m.
Sunday/Holiday – 12:15 a.m.

That sad and needs to be extended to 2:00 am if you want a night out on the town.

So it's basically only a weekday service now? And does it only apply for Viva Blue, or Purple and Orange as well?

The change doesn't really mean too much for most people. It's just saying that the recent change that they did to make the Viva Blue run as late as the subway ran is being discontinued because of low ridership. It was a little redundant too because the YRT route 99 was operating on the same route at the same time, which further thinned out ridership. The change just means instead of getting onto a Viva at 1am, your only choice now is YRT. But at that hour of night, it really only makes a difference of a few minutes for your travel time.

Ohh, that late in the evenings :rolleyes:

Yeah, I find it a bit odd that the Yonge and Highway 7 busses run at the same time as Viva. If they didn't run them, they'd be able to increase just a bit of service on another route.

The change doesn't really mean too much for most people. It's just saying that the recent change that they did to make the Viva Blue run as late as the subway ran is being discontinued because of low ridership. It was a little redundant too because the YRT route 99 was operating on the same route at the same time, which further thinned out ridership.

Then route 99 is the one that should be cancelled, not VIVA Blue.

VIVA Blue is the flagship route of York Region... it should have the most service.

Or, we could make sure that everyone gets home safely. Does it really matter what colour the bus is so long as it gets people home?

Perhaps a better job needs to be done to remind people that YRT and VIVA are one system. I keep hearing reports of people thinking that they have to pay again.

Viva does not stop at every little local stop. And I believe Viva does not do the request stop style program that the YRT does for after hours between-stops drop off.

Are you honestly going to tell a senior that he/she has to get off at a Viva station and walk 3 blocks to their house just because they decided to can the local route?

They need to exist together. I like to think of the Viva as an express route, so if any one of them should always be running, it should be the YRT.

Viva does not stop at every little local stop. And I believe Viva does not do the request stop style program that the YRT does for after hours between-stops drop off.

Are you honestly going to tell a senior that he/she has to get off at a Viva station and walk 3 blocks to their house just because they decided to can the local route?

They need to exist together. I like to think of the Viva as an express route, so if any one of them should always be running, it should be the YRT.

Wrong, if you make an investment in a rapid transit system, it should be the priority. Imagine if the TTC cans late night subway service in favour of local bus routes just so stops can be closer together for old people.

You are basically arguing that investment in rapid transit is bad. Oh pity all those seniors along Bloor who suffer, they have to walk a few extra blocks just because there is no regular local bus service.

Viva is not rapid transit on the same level as the subway, it is really just limited stop buses with fancy stops, during low demand times it is more appropriate to run the local bus lines over the limited stop lines.

... Imagine if the TTC cans late night subway service in favour of local bus routes just so stops can be closer together for old people.

That's what they do at night: close the subway, and run blue night buses on Yonge and Bloor / Danforth.

Back