News   Jun 26, 2024
 432     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 552     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 530     1 

York Region Transit: Viva service thread

k maybe htey won't go down, but you'll be getting way more bang for your buck! :p

oh, my bad...But yes, GTA fares are starting to get much higher than the TTC's. If we're trying to get people in the suburbs out of their cars, then this is counterproductive. Isn't YRT one-zone fare now $3?

...and two-zone is $4.something??
Two-zone was $3.50 2 years ago. That's a big increase.

yrt is now 3.25 for one zone and 4.25 for 2 zones.

^^When have transit fares ever in the history of the GTA came down???

Metropasses have, in the immediate aftermath of strikes and disruptions--before going back to normal, of course...

the february issue of MyTransit is out.

one highlight is the implementation of real-time schedule information through the rideQuest Call and rideQuest Click.

the february issue of MyTransit is out.

one highlight is the implementation of real-time schedule information through the rideQuest Call and rideQuest Click.

Thanks for the link. That real time information looks exciting to me. I know that a few services like Grand River Transit and Guelph Transit have been doing this for a while now... But better late than never!

I'm particularly interested in seeing if they actually implement a working service on time. What I really want them to do is let me text message them from my phone. Emailing them does not work.

a new batch of articulated buses have started running this week. they are tagged with numbers 82xx. the only difference i see is the minor reworking of the seats near the engine. the really high seats are gone and the ones that are facing each other have been lowered to the main floor level.

one problem i've experience this whole week with the new buses is that the middle and back doors don't open at the same time. there's usually a 5-7 sec delay between the front door and rest.

a new batch of articulated buses have started running this week. they are tagged with numbers 82xx. the only difference i see is the minor reworking of the seats near the engine. the really high seats are gone and the ones that are facing each other have been lowered to the main floor level.

one problem i've experience this whole week with the new buses is that the middle and back doors don't open at the same time. there's usually a 5-7 sec delay between the front door and rest.

The middle doors open late because they stick. Especially in cold weather, you can hear it struggle to open. Once it does open, you hear the sound of sticky substances ripping apart. They open slower than the front doors because they seem to rely much more on natural momentum rather than hydraulics. And the very rear doors open late because the driver usually presses the button late. This is just based on my personal experience.

the thing is, i've never experienced this type of lag on the original buses. there is a considerable difference.

Deflation is unlikely these days, as the governments are injecting money into the system. That brings other risks down the road, but deflation is not one of them.

The seating is reworked as the egnine compartment was reconfigured. There appears to be less 2 seats.

For the technical guys: these buses meet EPA 2007 emissions and use a 330 horsepower Cummins ISL clean diesel engine

I also noticed the delay but sometimes there wasn't. My initial thought was the door controls could have been reconfigured, so operators not used to them may take a sec to open the doors, but I doubt that's the case.

I can't confirm this unless I'm travelling on a new Viva bus in the dark again, but I was riding on the Blue the other day and it was night out, and as I was leaving the back doors I noticed a glowing green strip on the edge of the step.

But I was in a rush and so I didn't have time to take another look.

sick thanks for the update! I was just in CLeveland where they built a new BRT line called the healthline, it was soooooo nice, but I think from the descriptions i've read that vivanext will be even nicer so let's keep our fingers crossed lol and does anyone know if viva will be buying new buses for vivanext or just using the ones they have now? cuz the buses in cleveland looked like LRTs with rubber wheeles they were really nice.

Back