What do you guys think? Good compromise for the cutting of Viva Purple? LOTS of people are bitching about the outright elimination of Viva Purple west of Yonge Street. I dont know what theyre thinking. There are sometimes fully seated loads during rush hour. And they just expect all those people to suddenly start paying a double fare AND make 2 transfers to get to York.
I bet having my fictional Route 97 run to Finch Stn would generate more ridership than it does going to Pioneer Village (like it currently does). Having this route split in 2 definitely makes sense.
And they just expect all those people to suddenly start paying a double fare AND make 2 transfers to get to York.
January service changes are up.
Viva Pink looks to be getting a few minor frequency increases - morning peak hours will go from 16 minute frequencies to 13 minute frequencies. Evening peak will go from 16 to 14 minute frequencies.
Viva Green will also apparently get a marginal service increase, going from 23-25 minute frequencies to 21 minute frequencies.
Those look like running time adjustments rather than adding additional vehicles.
So they're not reallocating the savings to peek and mid-day service?Some service rationalization measures are proposed by YRT in their 2019 budget to take place in 2019 and 2020. With the exception of VIVA, all the adjustments are to routes and service periods with very low cost recovery ratios of 7-21%. These adjustments will help reduce the budget outlay by approximately $1.5 million in each of 2019 and 2020.
- All VIVA routes - late night frequency reductions
- 520/521 Newmarket Community bus - discontinue Sunday service
- 522 Markham Community bus - discontinue Saturday service, provide on-demand service
- 589/590 Richmond Hill Community bus - discontinue Saturday and Sunday service, provide on-demand service
- 22 King City - discontinue Saturday service
- 44 Bristol - discontinue Saturday service
- 56 Gorham - discontinue Sunday service
- 51 Keswick Local - discontinue, provide on-demand service
- 223/223A Newmarket GO Shuttle - discontinue
- 242 North Richvale GO Shuttle - discontinue
- 320 Beaver Creek - discontinue
- 15 Stouffville - discontinue
- 28 Huntington - discontinue