News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 608     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Yonge-Dundas Square/Sankofa Square (Brown + Storey Architects)

What a stunning fail. How anyone at Ryerson thought this would be acceptable is mindboggling. How does this person hold down a job?

Ryerson has a growing history of bad decisions that don't seem to have an owner. Remember the painted road fiasco? No one ever accepted responsibility for that debacle, instead they blamed the weather. I did two degrees at Ryerson, so I'm fond of their faculty, but their Admin is ...lacking.

Dec 15
Don't remember operating this way and not impress. Was going to go back when it was darker, but got side track and will do it another day

I agree, the movement of the "spinning" records looks totally different than the original - am I remembering wrong?

The whole point of the records is that they are supposed to be black! The strong black background makes the while neon flashing discs stand out but the black records in this sign are too diluted to even notice! It's underwhelming and just so badly done. It's clear Ryerson didn't care about this sign from the beginning and since the city is doing nothing to rectify the situation, I'm wondering if anybody at city council gives a fig!

I thought I shot more of Sam back in 2005 and this what I found I shot on Dec 16. I think we maybe think of A&A sign
1142511412_d5e9597784_b.jpg

I thought I shot more of Sam back in 2005 and this what I found I shot on Dec 16. I think we maybe think of A&A sign
1142511412_d5e9597784_b.jpg

Nope, we think of the big Sam the record man sign that faces Yonge, which isn't in that photo.

Back