News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 661     0 

Woodbine Centre

Putting condos and/or new rentals on the site is probably the only way of saving the mall, but this isn't exactly a high-demand area for highrise living. It'd have to be a slow rollout.

Not surprised that Sears is closing. Not even Target wanted the Zellers store there. A grocery store could do well, especially with more residents nearby. Fortinos across Highway 27 need not be the only store in the area.

The hotel is a pipe dream, especially if Woodbine Live! across the street can't even go anywhere. Of the two hotels in the immediate area, one closed a decade ago and was converted to an immigration detention centre.

I went to Woodbine mall, myself and the food court bathrooms are CRAP!! it's crazy. The mall itself is very old, all the tiles all the ceiling and They should get rid of designer depot looks Like crap in their. Some of the store look dead inside of very old. They have some new stores but is does not help the rest of the mall. The only thing that looks good inside is the maggagio restaurant I don't know how it's spelled. And the food court that's pretty much it. The washrooms are Crap!! Woodbine needs to step up it's game and renovated through the mall. Westwood mall looks better then woodbine mall, and Westwood mall came out in 71' while woodbine came out in 85' does that make sense to anyone.
https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en...E/Hb-iqyuQVLAlv7iSYQajgFi_2eJlAglZACLIBGAYYCw

Does anyone know what happened at woodbine centre? It was my childhood mall and I decided to go there a few days ago to check out how it's changed... I noticed a half finished building ( Apparently a grocery store ), and a huge amount of strange furniture lining the hallways including bistro sets, full sofas, etc.

Does anyone know what happened at woodbine centre? It was my childhood mall and I decided to go there a few days ago to check out how it's changed... I noticed a half finished building ( Apparently a grocery store ), and a huge amount of strange furniture lining the hallways including bistro sets, full sofas, etc.
In Nov 2016, the City issued a final notice re: property taxes owing of about $1.5 million, with the bailiff to be called n next. Not sure where that went. Ownership of the mall s now listed as Woodbine Mall Holdings Inc., and all signs of the earlier expansion plan have disappeared…

(except for on UrbanToronto, where strange old proposals live on forever)

Anyone have access to more complex information?

Better yet, there needs to be a larger indoor theme park accessible to Torontonians as competition.
Any possibilities that Woodbine Centre, or any other retail center in the GTA may develop/redevelop a West Edmonton Mall type indoor theme park? There were rumors that RioCan was going to develop a West Edmonton Mall type commercial Centre in the Windfields Development in north Oshawa. It turns out RioCan's official proposal to City Council is more like Heartland Town Centre than West Edmonton Mall

I doubt Woodbine Centre will survive the next 20 years. I can see it being razed for residential uses. Instead, there will be a large retail component across the street at whatever Woodbine Live! finally turns out to be.

Last edited:
Any possibilities that Woodbine Centre, or any other retail center in the GTA may develop/redevelop a West Edmonton Mall type indoor theme park?

I doubt it. The general belief right now seems to be that mainstream malls are "over" and a relic from the 70s/80s, and there's less of a demand for them now than ever. Woodbine Centre is obviously failing; it's hard to see any business rationale for expanding on the concept.

woodbine needs to amp up it's game, the mall is not the best right now, it needs to renovate right now. The washrooms are crappy, and needs to have more space. Walmart should be their but it's not, even a 2 floor no frills would be perfect their as well, maybe sportcheck could make a comeback, also their should renovate bulk barn too, and bring back shopppers drug mart. Also I just found out that sportcheck was at woodbine at one point, and it looked very old in their. Also designer depot, is nasty looking in their another store could of went their. Woodbine better put a walmart in that mall. Even westwood Square Mall in malton looks way better than woodbine mall. which is sad and lame. Westwood Square mall is a smaller older mall, woodbine (1985) and Westwood Mall (71) please tell me, woodbine mall had all this time to renovate and it did not renovate this whole time westwood mall started renovations in 2012, flipping 2012, and woodbine just did touch ups in 2017. That does not make any sence, is woodbine really actually going to renovate, all the other malls already did renovations already, i'm not going to count albion mall, because it's albion mall, that mall will never renovate, it's to cheap to renovate. the only thing that's really going for albion mall, is no frills, and that cheap theatre for idians, that's good for the idians, but what about the other people that go to that mall, you just can't cater for one race only. Anyways here is the westwood square mall pdf: http://fieldgatecommercial.com/bank/property_pdf/49-westwood-square-.pdf does woodbine mall have that compare this to woodbine and see the difference.

upload_2017-1-16_16-59-48.png
30u7f5u.jpg
4iyizc.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-16_16-59-48.png
    upload_2017-1-16_16-59-48.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,749
  • 30u7f5u.jpg
    30u7f5u.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 4iyizc.jpg
    4iyizc.jpg