News   Apr 23, 2024
 305     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 893     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 494     0 

Wilshire on the Green (St. Clair E @ Warden, Norstar, 7s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

it has that South Beach green going on ...... it looks okay for what it is. It really kinda grows on you the more you look at it.

1st reaction was 'wtf is this?, it looks like an office building!.
2 secs after .... hmmm, the green looks kinda interesting.
5 secs after .... it would like much better if it was 10 stories taller.
15 secs after .. tim horton's right beside it?. Win!.
1 min after ..... I wonder what the prices are .....
10 min after ... I love this South Beach green.

It's a decent condo for someone starting off into home ownership in a decent location ... nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited:
i'll reserve judgement until i isee it. Any pics?. It can't be that bad .... com'on.

lol..oh it's that bad!!!..drive by and see for yourself!!! I just don't understand why they had to choose THAT shade of green...I'm not opposed to green but maybe a different shade????...it doesn't look too bad from far but the closer you get the more scarey it looks!!!...lol

New Pictures - Nov 6 2010

Hi,
I went by the site today, and took a couple of pictures to share with the group.
Cheers!

Attachments

• DSC00935.JPG
    DSC00935.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC00931.JPG
    DSC00931.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 384
  • DSC00928.JPG
    DSC00928.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC00934.JPG
    DSC00934.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC00933.JPG
    DSC00933.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 375
  • DSC00927.JPG
    DSC00927.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC00929.JPG
    DSC00929.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC00925.JPG
    DSC00925.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 386
BugEyed ...

You are NOT communicating the PROPER information here .. The MAINTENANCE FEES ... have NOTHING top do with the BUILDER/DEVELOPER .. any raise in maintenance fees hasto do withthe Property Management company and/or Condo Board after registration of the property ... after 2 years, the property is registered and is NO LONGER owned by the company/business/developer that originally built the property ... MAINTENANCE FEES are TOTALLY dependent on what the Condo Corp (which is supposedly elected by the homeowners) and the Property Management company ... in researching Norstar properties .. I see this is either Taft or Malvern ...

So to blame this on the Builder/Developer .. is MISGUIDED.

It seems that ever post here is NEGATIVE!!

There has to be some positive ... it is a "green development" .. hence .. why bitch about the GREEN nature of the exterior finishes?

I\m not too concerned about he greeen .. as this property was advertised as being "green" ....

BugEyed ...

You are NOT communicating the PROPER information here .. The MAINTENANCE FEES ... have NOTHING top do with the BUILDER/DEVELOPER .. any raise in maintenance fees hasto do withthe Property Management company and/or Condo Board after registration of the property ... after 2 years, the property is registered and is NO LONGER owned by the company/business/developer that originally built the property ... MAINTENANCE FEES are TOTALLY dependent on what the Condo Corp (which is supposedly elected by the homeowners) and the Property Management company ... in researching Norstar properties .. I see this is either Taft or Malvern ...
So to blame this on the Builder/Developer .. is MISGUIDED.

The original low ball maintenance fees were the builders responsibility, and they bear no relation to the real costs involved in running the building, ergo my comments about the costs rising are fairly accurate. Its a common ploy to low ball these costs to make the units more attractive, had more accurate costings been used the second year wouldn't have seen 40% increases.The condo corp plays the hand dealt to it by the builder, to suggest otherwise is ignorant.

Last edited:
I've seen it before. Well the building does not look nearly as nice as the picture!!...I guess they did their research on WHICH people were suckers enough to fall for their nice picture..the reality of the situation is that it looks like total crap and buyers have committed themselves to living in this ghastly looking structure. I'm not impressed at all. If Norstar really cared about their purchasers....they woudl offer to add some (and it's only a suggestion) perhaps gray to cover some of the green or offer to make it look less institutional. But they don't really care about us...as long as the condo's are selling, they have their big houses to go home to.

Back