News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 404     0 

Wilshire on the Green (St. Clair E @ Warden, Norstar, 7s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Well that's a bit harsh Maestro, the location is within walking distance of a subway station and might nicely suit someone who works in Scarborough, wants to be near family there, etc. The area is upgrading considerably, now that Warden Woods (remember them?) is gone. However, as discussed earlier, I'd be leery of this project just because of who the developer is.

BTW: 198 units on only 7 floors? Yikes!

Warden Woods mall may have never lived up to its potential but I don't see the community built in it's place as an improvement. Those wood framed condos with 30 units between each fire wall are just waiting for an exhausted smoker. Oh well, At least you can still buy timbits!

Sorry but, this Warden corridor looks too much like Dundas out in Halton or anywhere Ajax and just makes me depressed.

Last edited:
Thansk for replying guys, I've checked around that area, there are lots of townhouse built and their price aren't exactly cheap as well, I've seen 3 different builders at least around that area, is it really that bad? or is it just the reputation of this builder's previous project that's affecting this project's comment? Also, why 7 story with 198 units will cause maintenance to rise? I'm very new to all this, thanks in advance for all the reply.

The scoop is as follows; back in 2004-2005 (possible earlier) one Trotsky developer comes to the market with a vision and plans of building european style flats at present day 60 fairfax Crescent. Development Site name was Fairfax Flats or Flats on Fairfax. The prososed plan was for units ranging from 1000 sq.ft to 1400 sq,ft. The asking priice per sq.ft was approximately $350, meaning that the price for a 1400 sq.ft unit was (1400sq.ft x $350 / sq.ft = $490,000). Back in 04/05 houses in that area could still be purchasesl under $250,000.
So jumping into a flat style apartment priced in the $400,000 in that area was clearly not a seller at the time. Some units were sold in the pre-pre construction phase, but what ended up happening was the european spacious flat vision going under.
Then in 2008 the current developer Norstar purchased the land and moved forward with the Wilshire on the Green project. From my inquiry with the sales director in Mid March 2010 the project was 85% sold and the building is expected to be completed in the autumn of 2010. Construction phasing along quite well! I was quite tempted to purchase but opted for a bungalow in the area.
Drving along Warden daily and being quite familiar with the area, I'd say the location of the development is exceptionally convenient. Sure it's Scartown, but not too far in! Aside from having the subway (Bloor line) in walking distance. The location permits quick access to to the 401 and Markham, just North on Warden. Head South on Warden in less then 5kms there's access to the lake and Queen street east. One could always drive west on St.Clair from Warden and access the city via O'Connor drive.
No other tall building in the proximity and no possibility of further development on the west side as it completely residential zoning (houses) leaves a wide open panoramic view of the city. Clearly the Maestro is not a Maestro but indeed a Bogan, as the location is tops!

Hi...im new to this thread. I'm looking to buy one of the homes in this condo. Does anyone know if any of the home owners at 'Star of Downtown' have had any major issues after the building was registered? wats thier maintainance like and wat it was to start with? I think this info might give me some insight on wat to expect with this place.

No other tall building in the proximity and no possibility of further development on the west side as it completely residential zoning (houses) leaves a wide open panoramic view of the city. Clearly the Maestro is not a Maestro but indeed a Bogan, as the location is tops!

A much belated response .... and yet your reasoning for this location being tops is how quickly you can get away from it.

Horrible windows

Yes...i saw the green windows on Friday and I was shocked. I did not expect that colour at all and cant imagine the whole building like that. For those who havent seen it yet....its the colour of pistachio ice-cream. Im still hoping that there is protective tape under it and so it looks like that. I dint not like the windows....very small openings and its going to be like an old rental building. I was expecting the window openings to be bigger.

The scoop is as follows; back in 2004-2005 (possible earlier) one Trotsky developer comes to the market with a vision and plans of building european style flats at present day 60 fairfax Crescent. Development Site name was Fairfax Flats or Flats on Fairfax. The prososed plan was for units ranging from 1000 sq.ft to 1400 sq,ft. The asking priice per sq.ft was approximately $350, meaning that the price for a 1400 sq.ft unit was (1400sq.ft x $350 / sq.ft = $490,000). Back in 04/05 houses in that area could still be purchasesl under $250,000.
So jumping into a flat style apartment priced in the $400,000 in that area was clearly not a seller at the time. Some units were sold in the pre-pre construction phase, but what ended up happening was the european spacious flat vision going under.
Then in 2008 the current developer Norstar purchased the land and moved forward with the Wilshire on the Green project. From my inquiry with the sales director in Mid March 2010 the project was 85% sold and the building is expected to be completed in the autumn of 2010. Construction phasing along quite well! I was quite tempted to purchase but opted for a bungalow in the area.
Drving along Warden daily and being quite familiar with the area, I'd say the location of the development is exceptionally convenient. Sure it's Scartown, but not too far in! Aside from having the subway (Bloor line) in walking distance. The location permits quick access to to the 401 and Markham, just North on Warden. Head South on Warden in less then 5kms there's access to the lake and Queen street east. One could always drive west on St.Clair from Warden and access the city via O'Connor drive.

The original developer for this site was the Lawrence Avenue Group. They build fabulous properties! I used to live in their "Riveria Club II" project on Sheppard Avenue just east of McCowan Road. Amazing finishes and attention to detail when constructing their suite interiors.

hey guys!!!!!!!!

hello everyone

I have pictures of the condo i took yesterday and yes maybe the windows not the best looking windows, but if thats the only worry about the place then things are not all that bad eh?but lets talk about the good things,like the warden subway down the street and how from there it takes 25 min to get downtown or how about the ttc stop at our door step wich we can run to from timmys ...lol and if ttc is not enough go station is 10 min drivea,or how about basicly all the stores you need 10 min area of the condo....walmart zellers,rona,bestbuy,futureshop,the brick,movie theater,old navy,nor frills,metro,shoppers drug mart and just 5 more min you have costco,also across the street a sobeys will be built and a new community center across the street,ive lived in this area for about 25 yrs and its grown....soo with all those points i made,if a window is your biggest complaint then eh could be worse.

Attachments

• HPIM1533.jpg
    HPIM1533.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 420
  • HPIM1532.jpg
    HPIM1532.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 397
  • HPIM1528.jpg
    HPIM1528.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 420
  • HPIM1531.jpg
    HPIM1531.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 409
Lol....

Wilshire on the Green? More like Green on the Wilshire!

Hey at least they are "colour coordinating"...I hear they are planning to build a Sobeys right across the street. lol :rolleyes:

I don't know what to think at this point...I just pray that when it's completed it's not to hard on the eyes. yikes!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol not funny

And what's the deal with airline peanuts?

A Sobeys would be nice in that neighbourhood, as there's not much around there right now. I mean, I know a lot of Scarborough is filled with wastelands, but it has some potential; especially so close to the Bloor-Danforth subway line.

Back