News   Apr 26, 2024
 211     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 405     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 541     0 

Whole Foods

Sherway Gardens: Staff have been led to believe this store is going ahead, but no confirmed timeline.

Eglinton: No lease signed that I know of; but I understand there was a serious discussion with a prospective condo developer, said development is not yet even being marketed, so 2013 at the earliest, I would imagine, if it happens.

Richmond Hill: Rumours have a property being bought here for a store.

I'm not aware of any other GTA locations under serious discussion right now.

Though its long been in their plans to have a second one downtown, further south. At one point ( I am told) there were discussion w/ Eaton Centre. But those went nowhere.

Haven't heard lately of another store downtown just yet.

But I can tell you the two Ontario's stores are producing very good numbers (public info, quarterly reports of Whole Foods)

They are among the chain's best performers.

I am told the senior execs have been in to look at London, Ottawa and Montreal for future stores, but I have no idea if any of those will come forward in the immediate future.

They still need an Ontario warehouse in order to be more cost efficient (non-local stuff is all routed though the U.S. mid-west warehouse, that's the region Ontario is considered part of by Whole Foods.

I was told they wanted at least 5 Ontario stores to justify the warehouse.

Once they get moving, the Canadian stores will likely become their own 'Region' in Whole Foods.

We need a Whole Foods in North Whitby / North Oshawa. I think they are forgetting about everyone that shops at Whole Foods downtown but commutes from 905. We need to eat as well!

We need a Whole Foods in North Whitby / North Oshawa. I think they are forgetting about everyone that shops at Whole Foods downtown but commutes from 905. We need to eat as well!

There's a Whole Foods in Oakville, plus the one they're building at Square One. So no, they haven't forgotten about the 905 at all. However, if you want to argue they're forgetting about the east end, go ahead. Maybe they just don't see a market for it out there? I don't think there's enough market out there to support one would be my guess.

Generally, I reckon that Whole Foods would aim for someplace more "genteel" within proximity--say, in or around Cornell Village or something. (Though maybe Brooklin fits the bill.)

There's a Whole Foods in Oakville, plus the one they're building at Square One. So no, they haven't forgotten about the 905 at all. However, if you want to argue they're forgetting about the east end, go ahead. Maybe they just don't see a market for it out there? I don't think there's enough market out there to support one would be my guess.

Square One eh? Care to share the source of information?

Hey Wanker.....

Read up in the thread, you will see not only my post, but links to the press release from the Whole Foods website and a National Post article both indicating Square One opens in 2011. (as a freestanding store).

My bad then.....odd especially there is no word about it here http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/newstores.php

They typically update this about quarterly. But they've been known to forget before. I reminded them once a few years ago.

If it matters to you, send them an email asking they update the list, I'm sure they will.

Square One eh? Care to share the source of information?
40,000 Sq Ft on the north side next to Rathburn.

I heard about it last Fall at Planning a Development. It one of 6 new stand alone building going up at the Corner of City Centre and Rathburn south-west corner.

I would have hoped for something before 2011. Preparation work on the site started last fall. Oh well, we can at last look forward to something here besides a parking lot.

Actually, the prep work is for the rest of the development. Whole Foods will occupy the western end of the lot that has not yet been dug up..

New info:

Yorkville Store: They have the TNT Blue space, not sure about anything else, I think they are still discussing whether the courtyard area might end up as Whole Foods seating. I haven't seen the new concept plan yet, but it is a big expansion/reno.

Eglinton: The site they are rumoured to have looked at is now going through final approvals with the City, I'm not 100% sure they are in fact the tenant, but the condo has been organized to accommodate 2-floor, 50,000 sq ft retail facing Eglinton with retail dedicated parking in the development. Certainly sounds like a supermarket.........

The condo still has not gone gone to market.

Other cities:

Its all over Ottawa's blogosphere that Whole Foods is set to be the lead tenant in the redevelopment of the lands around Lansdowne Park. Leasing plans shown to area businesses indicate a 60,000sq ft store.

Where is the Eglinton store? At the SW corner with Yonge? Or the parking lot at Dunfield?

What's happened to Sherway?

Back