News   Apr 18, 2024
 640     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.6K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Whole Foods

In response to a comment card posted in the Yorkville Whole Foods they posted "look for us at Yonge & Sheppard in 2012".

Though if Hullmark fails to get off the ground, it'd be neat if Whole Foods wound up reusing and restoring (i.e. de-Pomoing to its original Parkway-Mall-twin state) the Metro store instead...

Based on the sales figures we've heard at Basiz project across the street. I very much doubt this project will fail ... stall ... or anything along those lines. I wouldn't be surprised if construction started sooner then later ... less all the city permits that are probably far from being approved.

I'm not disputing that the ball is in Hullmark's court. However, just generically speaking, I can see Whole Foods as the kind of enterprise that *would* reuse/restore this kind of edifice.

Unfortunately, Parkway Mall isn't necessarily "Whole Foods" country...

Metro you mean ;)

I can't see Whole Foods going into parkway mall by any shot.

Isn't that mall someway abandoned - they have a lot (well not A LOT) of vacancies in the mall last time I checked.

Anyway, rest assured I'm almost 100% confident that Hullmark will indeed go ahead (and soon) i.e. whole foods can go here.

Whole Foods has confirmed the worst kept secret in retail:

That new locations are opening at Square One and at Hullmark Centre (Yonge/Sheppard)

See the press release here:

http://wholefoodsmarket.com/pressroom/midwest/2010/02/16/whole-foods-market®-to-expand-in-ontario/

Excerpts:

Toronto (February 16, 2010) – Whole Foods Market (Nasdaq: WFMI), the world’s leading natural and organic foods supermarket announced Tuesday that two new locations will be opening in Ontario – one in Mississauga in the Square One shopping complex; the other in Toronto’s North York area.

“At Whole Foods Market, we want to share our enthusiasm for the freshest, most flavorful natural and organic foods available, and we are thrilled to grow our business in Ontario,” comments Michael Bashaw, Midwest Regional President. “I opened Whole Foods Market’s first Canadian store in 2002. Ever since then, I’ve been convinced that Ontario is a great location for more Whole Foods Market stores. We definitely plan for further growth in the area,” says Bashaw.

About the Mississauga Store

The store, set to open in 2011, will be located at Rathburn Road and Square One Drive. It will be located at the northeast corner of the Square One shopping complex in Mississauga as a standalone store. Square One is a popular shopping area known for its fashion events, contests, community celebrations and holiday spectacles. The city of Mississauga has been recognized as the safest city in Canada for the past eight years, offering family-oriented sports, leisure and arts facilities with 11 community centres and a vibrant downtown city centre.

“We couldn’t be more pleased to have Whole Foods Market join the Square One family,” states Nance MacDonald General Manager Square One Shopping Centre. “Whole Foods Market embodies everything we stand for at Square One: a devotion to community, a provider of delicious, high-quality foods and a topnotch employer.”

About the North York Store

The store, located at the corner of Yonge and Sheppard in Toronto’s North York community, is scheduled to open in 2013. It will be the ground level anchor of the Hullmark Centre, a destination hub destined to become a defining landmark. The development will be served by direct indoor access to the Yonge and Sheppard subway station. Hullmark Centre is being built by Tridel, ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction for a Fourth Consecutive Year” by J.D. Power and Associates. Hullmark Centre will be a Tridel Built Green, Built For Life® community that is registered with the Canada Green Building Council to pursue LEED® Certification. Yonge and Sheppard is the gateway to North York’s dynamic and growing downtown. Office towers, luxury condominiums, residential neighbourhoods, parks, restaurants and great shopping all make this an exciting community.

“Whole Foods Market is a natural fit for both the Hullmark Centre and the North York,” comments Dino Carmel, Chief Operating Officer, Tridel Builders Inc. “We cannot wait to get this store open and share Whole Foods Market’s wonderful natural and organic products with the community.”

NOW for them to confirm the other plans I keep hearing about.....

What about the Sherway Gardens store? They’ve torn down the parking structure already. Downtown? And Forest Hill/Lawrence Park area?

There was rumor floating around a while ago that there might be one near Yonge and Eglinton in a new condo on the south of Eglinton near Red Path ?

Hard to believe seeing the massive concentration of grocery stores in this area:
Metro 24 hour: Yonge & Eglinton
Metro 24 hour: Yonge & Bayview
Metro 24 hour: York Mills & Bayview
Metro 12 hour: Yonge & Lawerenc
Loblaws: Bayview & Millner.

^Metro is at Eglinton and Bayview.
^Loblaws is at Bayview and Moore; I think you're thinking of the Valu-Mart at Bayview and Millwood/Davisville.

There's also Sobey's at Laird and Wicksteed, Mt. Pleasant, south of Eglinton, and a Sobey's Urban Fresh at Balliol near Yonge.

West of Yonge, there's only a Loblaws at Bathurst and St. Clair, Metro at Lawrence and Bathurst, and No Frills on Avenue, north of Lawrence.

Last edited:

Back