News   Mar 28, 2024
 521     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 407     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 744     0 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

Canadian social conservatives are tired of being written off and ignored by Conservative Party politicians are searching for a leadership candidate they can get behind.

"We have people that we're talking to. Nobody has come out to say, 'Yes. I'm going to [run],'" said Jeff Gunnarson, national president of Campaign Life Coalition, a group that advocates against abortion.

Gunnarson declined to name the possible candidates who could win the coalition's support, adding the organization is looking for a contender who would be "reasonable enough to say that a discussion should be had" about making abortion illegal in Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/social-conservatives-leadership-1.5418035

These bozos don't seem to understand that they're deservedly being marginalized within their own party.

This guy is the next Brad Trost.

Right....you'd fit in in Ottawa....bloke can't do his job properly without being maligned. You do know what MPs are supposed to be doing in Ottawa, right?

Genuis is nothing like Trost, trust me.

Hold on....how about this: what do you guys think of abortion? Wait....shouldn't have asked that, I may be construed as the next Brad Trost. :rolleyes:

Ballpark, armchair prediction per Trudeau (or his successor) imploding:

Conservatives, currently 121 ridings gain:

Nfld = 3, western half
PEI = 1, Egmont
NS = 4
NB = 8, Greens and Dominic LeBlanc remain
QB = 12, I'm boldly predicting a lot of Bloc ridings swing to the Tories in Eastern Quebec
ON = 30, the regions I mentioned in the above post plus sprinklings in London, K-W, St Catharines, the Soo and Greater Ottawa
BC = 5, some Greater Van and Island swings.

So, 63 ridings + 121 = MajoriTORY! I think 184 ridings is not all that far fetched a prognostication considering the Liberals won back in 2015 with 184.

Them's some betting numbers. I'm game. How much per seat?

MajoriTory!!! How exciting....we're talking Chong as leader, right?

....right? A carbon tax in every pot!

Them's some betting numbers. I'm game. How much per seat?

MajoriTory!!! How exciting....we're talking Chong as leader, right?

.. ..right? A carbon tax in every pot!

All the Conservatives need to do is win back riding areas that went for them in 2011 to achieve a majority. It's not complicated, just need the right leader. If you think that's Chong, have at it, at least for argument sake.

Right....you'd fit in in Ottawa....bloke can't do his job properly without being maligned. You do know what MPs are supposed to be doing in Ottawa, right?

Genuis is nothing like Trost, trust me.

Hold on....how about this: what do you guys think of abortion? Wait....shouldn't have asked that, I may be construed as the next Brad Trost. :rolleyes:

They just lost an election over issues like this and now a rogue MP is pushing his luck.

All the Conservatives need to do is win back riding areas that went for them in 2011 to achieve a majority. It's not complicated, just need the right leader. If you think that's Chong, have at it, at least for argument sake.

I'm not about majorities in our system because of the sham way in which seats are allocated, but I could live with a government headed by Chong. He's a very reasonable person.

That Brulotte guy seems pretty reasonable as well. So far, I like what I've heard from him, which isn't much but he sure as hell seems like a more worldly figure than the usual Scheers, Trosts, Leitchs, and Harpers.

Gladu is a dinosaur....I saw her talking about climate change like it was 1989....she reminded me of Scott Morrison, the Australian coal-fondler-in-chief. She could run with that crew for sure. Perhaps she could take a trip to southeast Australia right now and bask in the glory of her beloved fossil fuel industry. Or not, I think the point would burn right past her without her getting it.

She legit said that more attention should be paid to our buildings and transporation systems because of their high share of total emissions and so to focus less on the fossil fuel industry. Never mind that fossil fuel emissions are the problem, regardless of use. I'm not sure who she was trying to fool.f

So, yeah, I guess Brulotte's my choice at the moment. Unless David Orchard comes back from the dead....that guy was my hero back in the day.

They just lost an election over issues like this and now a rogue MP is pushing his luck.

Or he's doing his job and soliciting his constituents for their opinions on a range of issues.

Why is it a bad thing that he's doing his job?

Jody Wilson-Raybould called, she'd like to have a word with you.

I'm not about majorities in our system because of the sham way in which seats are allocated, but I could live with a government headed by Chong. He's a very reasonable person.

That Brulotte guy seems pretty reasonable as well. So far, I like what I've heard from him, which isn't much but he sure as hell seems like a more worldly figure than the usual Scheers, Trosts, Leitchs, and Harpers.

Gladu is a dinosaur....I saw her talking about climate change like it was 1989....she reminded me of Scott Morrison, the Australian coal-fondler-in-chief. She could run with that crew for sure. Perhaps she could take a trip to southeast Australia right now and bask in the glory of her beloved fossil fuel industry. Or not, I think the point would burn right past her without her getting it.

She legit said that more attention should be paid to our buildings and transporation systems because of their high share of total emissions and so to focus less on the fossil fuel industry. Never mind that fossil fuel emissions are the problem, regardless of use. I'm not sure who she was trying to fool.f

So, yeah, I guess Brulotte's my choice at the moment. Unless David Orchard comes back from the dead....that guy was my hero back in the day.

She is a well educated person too, so her devotion to fossil fuels is odd.

Or he's doing his job and soliciting his constituents for their opinions on a range of issues.

Why is it a bad thing that he's doing his job?

Jody Wilson-Raybould called, she'd like to have a word with you.

It comes across as doubling down on a losing strategy. I am old enough to remember when Scheer lost a very winnable election because he came across as being too socially conservative.,

It comes across as doubling down on a losing strategy. I am old enough to remember when Scheer lost a very winnable election because he came across as being too socially conservative.,

That was before my time, speaking of dinosaurs. :p

Go read that article again and tell me how it's doubling down on anything.

He's soliciting the opinions of his constituents which is a part of his job.

In fact, if his constituents overwhelmingly oppose abortion (though there were a lot more issues asked about than just that) then it is his job to represent their views or--if he finds them personally abhorrent--to step down.

None of this makes him the next Trost as you originally claimed.

Last edited:

Back