News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 535     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

Yes, but we've managed to codify euthanasia which can also be construed as a moral judgment one way or another.

I don't see why we should be scared of addressing it as a society. People are just way too emotional and stunted if you ask me, which no one has but I'm telling ya anyway. :p

I'm all for abortions. I think they're great. Kept me from having to deal with someone else's child or having a child with a narcissistic psychopath...I just reckon the whole thing could be a bit more legit and equally accessible. I was lucky...I live in Toronto. There are all sorts of places in this country where getting an abortion is a nightmare.....and that's people trying to get them for better reasons than me and my ex-waste of time, er wifey.
If abortions are legal, and thus they should be provided free for every locale, does that mean if eye surgery is legal it should be free? If botox is legal, it should be free? (plus forced to be provided in every small town)?

If abortions are legal, and thus they should be provided free for every locale, does that mean if eye surgery is legal it should be free? If botox is legal, it should be free? (plus forced to be provided in every small town)?

Speaking from experience, medically-required eye surgery (cataracts et al) *is* free, as opposed to the laser-correction "cosmetic" sort.

Speaking from experience, medically-required eye surgery (cataracts et al) *is* free, as opposed to the laser-correction "cosmetic" sort.
I have never had one, but is the same true for abortions.
Medically required abortion is free - and abortion of choice has to be paid for?

Yes, but we've managed to codify euthanasia which can also be construed as a moral judgment one way or another.

I don't see why we should be scared of addressing it as a society. People are just way too emotional and stunted if you ask me, which no one has but I'm telling ya anyway. :p

I'm all for abortions. I think they're great. Kept me from having to deal with someone else's child or having a child with a narcissistic psychopath...I just reckon the whole thing could be a bit more legit and equally accessible. I was lucky...I live in Toronto. There are all sorts of places in this country where getting an abortion is a nightmare.....and that's people trying to get them for better reasons than me and my ex-waste of time, er wifey.

Fair point, but the difference is the status of the 'subject' of medically-assisted suicide is clear - a person, and the Supreme Court has ruled that they have the right to make that ultimate decision. The codification of the act is to put some parameters around it and indemnify other parties involved. The status of the subject of an abortion (fetus) is also legally clear - currently it is legally not a 'person', but detractors are, to be kind, not happy with that.
I'm not particular opposed to a government proposing some type of 'parameter' legislation around abortion but am under no illusion that will satisfy anyone. I've yet to see or hear of a protest arguing against late term abortion, or any other fine point around the procedure for that matter. The (small 'o') opposition simply wants to make them illegal, period.

Wtf are you on about now?

Why would it have to be provided in every locale? Nothing in our health care system is provided in every locale.

I really wished Pollivere had stayed in. We're going to lose again.

Why? Poilievre was unelectable except by the bumpkins of Carleton.

Mackay is quite electable though I will forever think of him as the lying sell out that he is....I watched his campaign launch speech with some optimism til he got to the part about how proud he was for lying about selling out the PCs back when.

Conservative leadership front-runners are ‘not really conversant in French.’ Does it matter?

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fe...ally-conversant-in-french-does-it-matter.html

At first I was wondering if Kenneth Whyte was writing in the Star as well as in the Globe where last week-end he wrote about how it doesn't matter and how the Conservatives should give up trying to win seats in Quebec. Because, you know, everyone moaning about how divided the country is after the last federal election calls for ignoring huge swaths of the country to concentrate on where you feel comfortable. (Fu**ing clown...how's the National Post doing, bud?)

Which I think is rubbish. I personally find it offensive that any potential PM wouldn't be fluently bilingual. I'm not even all that fluently bilingual (though I'd do better than 95% of anglo politicos, I reckon) but a PM should be able to speak both official languages so as to properly understand the way people using both languages think and express themselves.

All of you here who speak another language know exactly what I'm talking about in terms of thinking differently in different languages. It changes your worldview and expands your ability to empathise with others.

Besides, Mackay isn't just not fluent in French he's also a lying sell out. ;)

Back