News   Jul 15, 2024
 104     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

What Toronto street is this?

Tonight found me dreaming about a complete remake (densification) of the north side of this street:

dsc00295ram.jpg

Yeah. The north side of Dupont, almost entirely, from Christie to Symington needs to be pulled and redeveloped like that red brick loft building (only with better retail uses) at Dupont and Lansdowne, south side.

Last Saturday PM found me hanging in Toronto's best 'hood:

dsc00065x.jpg

This is Queen street just opposite Trinity Bellwoods Park. The White Squirrel Coffee shop sign gives it away :)

Yes! The new hipster bars, Hen House amongst the first to be there, are taking over from the Portuguese strip...I saw many formerly Portuguese shops for rent, surely taking advantage of the demand for bar/cafe space? (I know at least five ppl itching to open restaurants and bars around here, stay tuned....:))

btw, the Portuguese are still hanging tight: you can see the old school atmosphere on the SE corner of Dundas and Dovercourt in my photo--an old man roasting a pig! Smelled so good....

The other evening found me scurrying along ____ wondering if it's as sketchy as some say it is?

dsc00286q.jpg

Back