News   Jul 15, 2024
 680     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 855     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 622     0 

Welcome to Police State Canada

Let me see if I have this straight:

- there was a protest (all perfectly ok)
- some cops were undercover with the protesters (again, perfectly ok)
- none of the protesters got arrested (excellent, just the kind of protest one wants)
- one of the protesters is upset the cops wouldn't do what he wanted them to do (too bad, so sad)
- there was no riot
- the undercover cops got arrested

Isn't this the system operating as it should? I don't see the scandal here.

Umm...the cops, dressed as protestors, carried out a staged attack on the police line with a deadly weapon as the real protesters were insisting that they remain non-violent. You see nothing wrong with this? I might add that four of the actual protestors were also arrested (except that they were actually charged).

Well, yes, there is a wrong, for which the allegedly rogue cops were arrested. I see the wrong, I don't see the scandal.

That's the whole point. They were not charged. Other protesters (who were not undercover cops) were charged. There is no mention anywhere that any of these cops were rogue.

Did the alleged rogue cops commit a crime that they ought to have been charged with? Was there an attack? If not, then what is the problem? If the protesters were charged, then the crown will of course have to prove those charges beyond a resonable doubt. I still don't see the scandal.

They've been doing stuff like this for years. Dozens of plainclothes police infiltrated one of the big protest marches after the 1981 steam bath raids. Research by the Right To Privacy Committee - based on still photographs of the march - even showed some of them in the front row carrying the lead banner!

If they weren't acting under police orders, they obviously committed a crime by assaulting a police line with a deadly weapon. Of course, they were never charged. The scandal is that protesters were acting peacefully, with the exception of three paid police officers who were operating against the requests of the protest leaders and attacking the police line, presumably to promote an impression of the events as violent.

The police couldn't have been very upset if the allegedly rogue cops weren't charged. What were the arrested protesters charged with? Have the rent-a-mobs gotten so out of contol post various World Bank protests that it's a scandal if they act peacefully?

The three weren't rogue cops. They were plants. They were there trying to instigate a violent confrontation.

That's an appropriate course of action for our police force?

But apparently, no violent confrontation was instigated. You can't charge someone with instigating something if they don't actually instigate it.

Charges may not be warranted, but the review of the QPP's tactics, should result in some dressings down, including possibly demotions or head-rolling. They done went toooooo far!

They did engage in a violent confrontation themselves. They attacked and penetrated police lines with a deadly weapon. It is a credit to the protestors, not the police, that they did not provoke further violence.

Back