News   Mar 28, 2024
 193     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 300     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 669     0 

Vaughan Centre Bus Terminal

1. Why is Zum 501A making a big loop around Keele-Steeles-Jane instead of terminating at 407 station?

2. I thought York University wanted of kick out all of the buses from their campus, so why are routes 20, 22A, 75, and 101 still looping around it?

View attachment 60799

Maybe it has to do with half the subways terminating at Steeles when the subway starts running, they figure it would be an added convenience for people to know they can catch the bus regardless of if it's a Vaughan-bound one or not.

Maybe it has to do with half the subways terminating at Steeles when the subway starts running, they figure it would be an added convenience for people to know they can catch the bus regardless of if it's a Vaughan-bound one or not.
Half the subway trains terminate at St. Clair West now when the subway opens now - so frequency to Vaughan Centre won't be any lower than it is to Downsview now in AM peak.

Half the subway trains terminate at St. Clair West now when the subway opens now - so frequency to Vaughan Centre won't be any lower than it is to Downsview now in AM peak.

Hmm, that's a good point. So, if the plan is to turn half around at Steeles, is that actually 1/4 of full service or will they stop the St. Clair turnarounds or....?

My understanding is that St. Clair turnarounds would move up to Steeles with 1/2 frequencies above that. TTC has a new rule of minimum 3 minute subway service on Line 1 and 2, so I imagine they would try and maintain that to Vaughan, running 90 second frequencies south of a point after ATC comes online, and 3 minutes north of that.

Reactions: BMO
TTC has a new rule of minimum 3 minute subway service on Line 1 and 2, so I imagine they would try and maintain that to Vaughan, running 90 second frequencies south of a point after ATC comes online, and 3 minutes north of that.
What rule is that? The one that the TTC board declined to fund?

My understanding is that St. Clair turnarounds would move up to Steeles with 1/2 frequencies above that. TTC has a new rule of minimum 3 minute subway service on Line 1 and 2, so I imagine they would try and maintain that to Vaughan, running 90 second frequencies south of a point after ATC comes online, and 3 minutes north of that.

This is what I understood as well

1. Why is Zum 501A making a big loop around Keele-Steeles-Jane instead of terminating at 407 station?

2. I thought York University wanted of kick out all of the buses from their campus, so why are routes 20, 22A, 75, and 101 still looping around it?

View attachment 60799

The extra fare to go 2 or 3 subway stops to get to York U might have something to do with it.

I think that both 501 and 501A should have the same terminus. During off-peak hours, both run every 30 minutes. If you just missed the 501A bus via Highway 407, you might want to wait for the slower 501 that comes in 15 minutes, rather than wait 30 minutes, or scramble back on to the subway in time to catch the 501. But this is YRT's document; hopefully Brampton Transit has more sense.

In the multi-year operating budget, it suggests the 501/A will receive a substantial operating boost to increase service to VMC once the subway opens. It probably won't end as early as it does, or come less frequently than ever 15 minutes.

Yesterday :
DSC_0805.JPG

DSC_0806.JPG
DSC_0807.JPG
DSC_0808.JPG
DSC_0810.JPG
DSC_0811.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0808.JPG
    DSC_0808.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 572
  • DSC_0807.JPG
    DSC_0807.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 537
  • DSC_0806.JPG
    DSC_0806.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 570
  • DSC_0811.JPG
    DSC_0811.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 556
  • DSC_0805.JPG
    DSC_0805.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 844
  • DSC_0810.JPG
    DSC_0810.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 558
That sign tacky A. F!

Love that the actual tenant of the building (YRT/VIVA) gets a tiny sign off to the side. This is a perfect example of when naming rights to transit infrastructure goes wrong.

How long before it gets renamed Smart REIT Place?
That would seem to be, both, an unlikely and unnecessary renaming.

How many other companies include the nature of their corporate structure (“INC” “Ltd” “LLP” etc) in the signage they put on buildings they buy the naming rights to?

Back