News   Mar 28, 2024
 136     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 192     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 253     0 

Using The New Urban Toronto Forum

This is now a reality @TDE .

What would also be great is a button that appeared (or existed) near the top of a forum page that takes the user immediately to the bottom of the page; basically replicating the button that currently allows the user to do the exact opposite when one is at the bottom of a page.

What would also be great is a button that appeared (or existed) near the top of a forum page that takes the user immediately to the bottom of the page; basically replicating the button that currently allows the user to do the exact opposite when one is at the bottom of a page.
End button (usually found on the right num pad on a keyboard)

Just wondering if there were differences between uploading photos from desktop vs from phone.

I've noticed that photos uploaded from mobile are compressed and uploaded successfully without much thought, whereas the forum fails to upload those same photos from desktop, forcing me to manually resize photos using photo editor software before uploading.

Just wondering if there were differences between uploading photos from desktop vs from phone.

I've noticed that photos uploaded from mobile are compressed and uploaded successfully without much thought, whereas the forum fails to upload those same photos from desktop, forcing me to manually resize photos using photo editor software before uploading.
Be warned about uploading .heic photos here (they often aren't successfully uploaded).

It's best to convert to .jpg first.

Ever since I got myself an iPhone 12 Pro Max, I had to convert the photos (which use .heic) I took to .jpg.

Even students in AP programs had this problem:

They are both supposed to do the same thing. I personally do both with no issues. What browser, file type etc. are you using on the desktop?

Hi! How do I create a post for asking a question about a certain building downtown toronto? thanks!
To comment (Reply) on a thread you need to be registered and signed-in. You can reply immediately but cannot create new threads until you have been around and active for a while - a useful safeguard against yet more spam! If you have a question on a building that already has a thread you can ask it there. If there is no thread you can probably find a 'neighbourhood" thread that is appropriate.

To comment (Reply) on a thread you need to be registered and signed-in. You can reply immediately but cannot create new threads until you have been around and active for a while - a useful safeguard against yet more spam! If you have a question on a building that already has a thread you can ask it there. If there is no thread you can probably find a 'neighbourhood" thread that is appropriate.
thank you! Where should I go for wellington + york area?

Reactions: DSC
If you know the name of the building, you can search it. All building related discussions in the forum are here: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/forums/buildings.5/

However, if your question is about living in the building, then you'll want to go to this section: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/forums/real-estate-individual-project-threads.38/

Neighbourhood discussions are here https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/forums/neighbourhood-node.6981/
so, when I look up "The Toronto Club" nothing shows up. LOL

It's not giving me results by address either. The Club doesn't even have a website apparently, because it's so exclusive. It's a heritage building and seems to have belonged to The Club since it was built. Not sure what your question is but now I'm intrigued!

It's not giving me results by address either. The Club doesn't even have a website apparently, because it's so exclusive. It's a heritage building and seems to have belonged to The Club since it was built. Not sure what your question is but now I'm intrigued!
If nobody has created a thread about a building then there isn't one to find. If you are wondering about the work that is going on there, this was discussed a couple of months ago in another thread about a neighbouring building (maybe the one east of it on Wellington) and though several of us were interested in knowing what they are up to we found out NOTHING!

@torontonian2021
EDIT: See https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...lac-fairview-20s-wzmh-architects.28371/page-2 for the earlier discussion.

Last edited:
Since the recent spate of forum tech changes, I have not been able to upload Instagram links via the media uploader; doing so prompts this error message every time:

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 4.19.19 PM.png

Back